Case: EZ Cool (silver) - What do ya think?

Discussion in 'Cases, Modding and Gallery' started by Matt555, Jun 19, 2005.

1. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

Yeah, took some pictures of my case, may take more soon. The fans are standard, i am thinking of getting new silent fans with lights, make it look a bit more funky, the pictures of the inside are with the side panel off, i'll post some pictures with it on soon...
    http://img28.echo.cx/my.php?image=436300133sq.jpg
    http://img28.echo.cx/my.php?image=436300164as.jpg
    http://img81.echo.cx/my.php?image=436300172bi.jpg
    Sorry about the pictures being on their side... :eek:hah:

Attached Files:

2. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

looks pretty good, though a cable sleeving kit would look really cool in there

3. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

Yeah do need to get one, would allow better air flow, i do like the quick release drive bays though, no screws, jus slide in and slot the clips into the screw holes, then when its time to take them out, twist and release! its great very quick and easy and stil holds things securely.

Need to get a fan for the top to blow air over my memory and then cathode tubes to shine light through the many holes and an eerie glow from underneath (i will place one outside the case on the bottom for that cool effect)

4. ninja fetus

actually top blowhole fans help a lot when they're set to exaust to move the hot air collecting at the top of the case outside of it. Ram heatspreaders work very well.

5. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

cool, yeah this case has 5 separate spaces for fans, 1 top (80mm), 1 back (120mm) and 3 side (80mm). I thought about getting RAM heatsinks, but if i put another 512Mb dual channel memory in then there wont be space between the modules. Any ideas on silent fans with blue lights in?

Also what about CPU coolers or northbridge coolers, i have the standard one but am thinking of getting a new one..any ideas on a quiet CPU cooler for Celeron (socket 478).

With the northbridge cooler i have a heatsink and a 40mm fan which spins very fast (6000rpm), making a lot of noise, i have an MSI 865PE motherboard and i was thinking of just taking the fan off and just having the heatsink, does anyone have any idea if there would be any alarm that would go off if the motherboard detected that there was no NB fan present?

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated :good:

6. ninja fetus

7. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

sweet, do you ever check out www.overclockers.co.uk ... i think its a gr8 site, lots to choose from and they have different deals on each week, can get some really cheap stuff on there! :D

8. ninja fetus

oh! >.< I didn't know your in the UK sorry. Well if you can search for those products or something like it, the fans dont' really need to be specific anything below 30DB is pretty quiet.

9. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

yeah, i been searching, also looking for them on ebay, can get some good bargains on there, thinking of getting new PSU ( i posted a reply to another thread somewhere, i think its called "Looking for something in particular" that explains my predicament with hte new PSU i got with my case, damn things...first it blew up (luckily nothing seemed to be damaged), now my computer keeps crashing, i used my old one for a bit, never crashed so nothing was damaged methinx :p but now i put the new-new one in again after i got a replacement it keeps crashing, damn thing :x:

10. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

Links arnt working for me :(...

11. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

That's a beauty there Matt! Lovin' that sleek aluminum, look mighty swell, good choice. Personally I have no prob with the cables as my case is far messier.

12. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

Yeah i love it, i tucketd the cables away more last night, i got 2 x coolermaster blue LED fans on the way:

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/Coolermaster_fans.html
    "The neon LED fan from Coolermaster is a colourful addition to any case and features patented rifle bearings for reduced noise. Speed - 1800RPM, Output - 22.84CFM, Decibels - 22dBA, Dimensions - 80x80x25."

The case is awesome i am puttin one fan on top to suck air out the top and away then one on the side with the CPU heat extractor thingy, its a plastic tube which allows the hot air blown by the fan on the cpu to escape thru, i am adding a fan there to suck the hot air out through it, this should get more hot air out the way, i'm not bothered about air going in as there's holes all over it so shouldn't be a problem!

13. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

Got my Coolermaster fans, they're great, extremely quiet, can't hear any difference in noise, also got an alaska HDD cooler, just one of those screw on things to blow air over it, not bad, hdd temperature dropped by like 10*C, and overall temp has dropped like 10*C. I'm liking this considering it only cost £22 :D

The fan on the top blowhole is set to exhaust (thanx for the advice nija fetus) to get rid of hot air and the other is attached to my side panel with the hot air tube thing for the CPU cooler..i'm liking the way it has all turned out

The LED's in the fans are pretty bright, i was thinking of putting a cold cathode tube in there as well, or maybe one underneath as the legs stande the bottom of the case an inch and a half off the ground, i could run the cable thru the back and down underneath so it wouldne be shown, would give a cool eerie glow from underneath i think...i'll get some pictures and show ya'll what it looks like soon :good:

14. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

15. phaedrus

phaedrus Geek

nice work matt, but please tidy the cables

16. ninja fetus

is that a filter or just mesh for the side panel? Nice case, cool panel is has 3 places for fans in high heat output places

17. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Great lights dude, case looks tidy and cables are pretty tied off in my opinion anyway.:good:

18. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Those are nice looking cases. You might wanna break out a can of compressed air as it's looking a little dusty in there. I had my rig so dusty I got a 6*C drop in temps by blowing that sucker out (and I'm a card carrying geek)

19. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

If its mesh its pretty fine, it aint like a filter but it does stop some dust, yeah compressed air i do need, get rid of that dust, i like the space for 3 fans, good cooling all round on the case and a bargain at like £40!! I tidied the cables yet again, unplugged everything and completely re-thought it, neater than it was :D

20. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Good work, yeah I just bought some compressed air yesterday, can't wait to blow the sucker out.