200mW ThinkLasers Extreme Laser

Discussion in 'User Reviews' started by tier018, Mar 15, 2006.

1. tier018

tier018 Geek Trainee

I have seen laser products before, the usual 5mW milliwat green laser that your engineering professor thinks is so cool. But upon searching the web I stumbled upon a 200mW green laser pointer, the thing goes under water. Interested but intimidated by its 999.50 price tag I did some browsing. The same laser was only offered in one other location for more expensive, so I made a call to the site, thinklasers.com. NOthing special, person on phone was pretty informed, but It seemed i knew more about lasers than her. Anyways, she tells me the thing can shoot for 90+ miles, and can submerge like some 100 feet. I had been saving spending money for some time, and wanted to treat myself to a new "toy" you could say.

Its a good thing, the laser came with a pair of safety goggles, as soon as I opened the package, put in the batteries, and turned it on, the entire room was lit up, my dog cleveland whimpered and everything. I was amazed, instantly I took it to my fish tank, and dunked it with the laser on, if I paid a whole grand, this thing better be water proof! Besides my fish losing it and nearly swimming into the wall, everything went well.

I was actually highly impressed with the item. I have never seen a hand held laser that powerful before, I didn't even know they exist. My friends still think I'm crazy with my "light saber".

Good product, a must see for any laser gadget lover. There was some other cool lasers at the site also, but non like this one.

:confused:

2. megamaced

megamaced Geek Geek Geek!

You spent almost a grand on a laser?! :eek: :D

Wow, you've got too much money to throw around :)

3. Karanislove

Karanislove It's D Grav80 Of Luv

Which website you are talking about?

It seems cool, I just want to collect some more information~!

4. StimpE

StimpE lol, Internet!

Haha your fish swam into a wall, my lungs hurt from laughing at that shit. As for spending a grand on a laser, whatever floats your boat, have a little fun if you got money to throw around, Hooah!

5. Karanislove

Karanislove It's D Grav80 Of Luv

Who wants to buy these things.:swear: .... I am just askin for the information coz I like technology... If I would have this much extra money to spend then first thing I ever do is to upgrade my computer