300 Squid!!!!

Discussion in 'The War Zone' started by Ferg, Nov 14, 2007.

1. Ferg

Ferg Manbearpig

Why the hell is it that the average price to pick up a nintendo Wii is now 300 squids??? (621.63 US$) Even at overclockers.co.uk and play.com.

I'm seriously displeased with all the ebayers buying to sell and driving the price up while leaving the normal retailers (argos etc) out of stock, what is the world coming too, you see the same economic happenings in WoW (when i used to play it) it's crazy!

The fact that nintendo are using deficit in the market supply thing to further promote their product makes me soo mad that I don't think I'd feel at all guilty buying one, chipping it and downloading every sodding game off of usenet..... now there is a thought.....

[/rant]

2. yorkkev28

yorkkev28 HWF Minion

Your not wrong. ive just had a look across about 30 uk retailers and they either don't have any in stock or they are £309.99.

Also reading Wii articles which suggest that by xmas the price could be pushed up around the £459.99 mark.

Supply and demand!!!!

I say dust off your Gamecube and play Viewtiful Joe instead.

3. Ferg

Ferg Manbearpig

Whoohooo, was just helping my mother get the weekly shop in in morrisons and the girl comes over the tannoy 'We have just recived a small number of wii consoles, currently 8 left selling at £179 each'

By the time i got to the counter they were down to 6 and I got one yipeeeee

I wish you all a happy Wii-mass

4. Pimp

Pimp Captain of USS Defiant

Lol hope you enjoy that Wii i know you've been dying to get one, anyways have a nice Xmas too. :)