3d MArk 2K1

Discussion in 'Benchmarking' started by Black Bart, Feb 10, 2002.

1. Black Bart

Black Bart Geek Trainee

Is it good for a GeForce 2 Ti to get 4500's in 2001?

2. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

In 16 or 32-bit color. Generally, I'd say so. I'm actually running some benchmarks for an upcoming review right now, so I'll see how it comes out on my test system.

3. Black Bart

Black Bart Geek Trainee

I'm running it in 32 bit at 1024 x 768, triple buffering and compressed texture w/ hardware T & L

4. Shmuck

Shmuck Geek Trainee

GF2 scores ok

Hey. With my GF2 at default settings, and my new DDR, I am hitting 1518. I was hoping to break 2000 with my system, but i am going to have to do some tweaking.

It's an MX200 64MB card, and none of my system components are overclocked. I suppose that's a decent score.

5. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Yeah. While overclocking wouldn't hurt you any in the benchmarks, the MX200's are closer performing to the Voodoo 3 and TNT2, due to the 64-bit data path, unlike the 128 on the normal MX and MX400's. I wouldn't hold too much hope for getting much higher with that card, regardless of an overclock.

6. Shmuck

Shmuck Geek Trainee

ah, I see the light.

Yeah, I agree about the relative performance. The funny thing is, though, that the GF2 was my economic upgrade from my TNT2 32MB, which just stunk. I am getting literally twice the performance video-wise now, and, even though I would love more, I think I am holding out for another good economic upgrade. My scores with my TNT 2 were close to 1000, MAYBE.

LOL. well, I am here to testify about the great bang for your buck with the GF2, and also to remind everybody to throw in the few extra dollars for the MX400, not MX200. Hey, the MX400 on a comparable system of a friend of mine is pulling over 2000 already, so there's proof, i suppose.

7. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Yup. With the CPU and Video overclocked, I can hit close to 3000 on my file server, back when it was my main rig. GF2MX aren't bad, but they definitely have their limitations, even overclocked.

Also, for the next economical upgrade, keep in my the GeForce 4 MX's don't seem to be all that great of a deal when dealing with Direct X 8...so I've been reading.

8. Shmuck

Shmuck Geek Trainee

YEah

In other forums, they are having a freaking huge debate over that kind of thing, i.e. cost versus quality, exactly which benchmarks and situations each video card works best on, and really they are gridlocked. I know a couple of things for sure.

1. The Radeon 8500 is an awesome card, gets excellent performance, and is a little buggy unless run in compatibility mode. It is significantly less expensive than the GF4s and even some GF3s, and it still pulls excellent performance.

2. I don't have an infinite supply of money.

3. The GF4 costs significantly more, and I doubt that you get SIGNIFICANT performance improvement.

I am going to hold out for a lot of money to come my way or the Radeons or some other similar cards to go down in price.

Just so you know, on 3DMark 2k1, my friend's system broke 9000.
    He has: Radeon 8500, XP 1700+, 256MB crucial 2100DDR, and a 7200 60 GB. Epox mobo, overclocked just a little on everything, but still, it's a very competitive score even against GF3s and 4s, i think you would agree.

9. LyNeX

LyNeX Guest

Wow, ur compareing a MX to the VD3? The VD3 has always owned. All that needs to be done is a good bitch slapping of you Big B. The VD3 is still a good competitive card. Mind you, I have a GF3Ti500, sold that and awaiting $$ and I'm upgrading to a GF4Ti4600. And you know why? Cause I can, I like to stay up to date. You say you do reviews and benchmarks when you don't even have a decent computer to do benchmarks on. I'll give it to you for the "golden sample" but thats about it. You have yet to earn any respect from me.

Hmmm. And I wonder why i rarely visit this board....OH! Cause its slow as hell, and under populated. And one last reason is cause of some fag that thinks hes Intimidateing with his "scary" avatar. I'd say that this board is going downhill from here on in. I'll have better times on [H] or HP.

10. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

I've tried the MX200, and while it does perform better in benchmarks, the Unreal engine games still own on a V3. For other game engines, the V3 is not as fast. The MX200 is more of a step backwards for Nvidia than anything else.

LyNeX: I'm gonna ask you to not make personal attacks against me. If you don't like this message board, you can leave. Consider this a warning.

This stuff has come out of my own pocket, an I am trying to stay as up to date as possible. I only have so much cash with which to spend on hardware.

11. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

LyNeX please check you'r email :) Any one else please use the PM or Email feature to argue.

12. SETEO

SETEO Geek Trainee

Whoah, what's happened with this board recently. :sick:

My scores based upon the same settings in 2001 as Black Bart are: 3641.

Dunno how good or bad that is. :confused:

13. syngod

syngod Moderator

Seteo with the GF2 your about average, if I remember correctly but you might want to check out the comparisons at madonion.com to be sure.