A question concerning a lapop LCD...

Discussion in 'Storage Devices' started by lsergey, Jan 1, 2003.

1. lsergey

lsergey Geek Trainee

A question concerning a laptop LCD...

Hello to you all.
    I am wondering wether to purchase an ACER 133X2-3B LCD panel for my Compaq Presario 1200US laptop(My original LCD, #222151-001, is broken).

My questions are:
    1. Is there any database on the net in which I can check compatibility of different LCDs?
    2. Will the LCD I am planning to purchase(133X2-3B) work?
    3. Will a LG LP133X7 LCD work?

Thanks.

2. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

sorry, I don't think there is a database on the net, have you tried searching on google.com? so I'm guessing (not from experience) that the on your laptop doesn't work?

3. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Have you tried contacting Compaq about a replacement or which parts will work with their laptop?

4. lsergey

lsergey Geek Trainee

My current LCD is broken.
    I have contacted Compaq, but the demand 600$ for a new LCD. I saw LCDs for sale for 100$-150$, But I don't know which to buy.

5. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

It probably could be done, but it would depend on the wiring and dimensions of the LCD you buy. I don't know if Compaq does this, but it may have another company make the LCD's and simply rebrand them. I'm kinda getting the picture you're gonna do this one yourself, so if you end up cracking open the case to check out the busted LCD, see if you can see what the brand a model is.

6. lsergey

lsergey Geek Trainee

The model written on the LCD is

LQ133X1LH62.