A Unique Problem

Discussion in 'Windows OS's' started by archcommus, Jan 8, 2003.

1. archcommus

archcommus Big Geek

This isn't my problem, it's a friend's of mine. Any help would be appreciated.

And I quote:

Well, I'm a bit baffled by this one. My C:\, a 43GB drive, only has a few gigabytes free. However, this doesn't seem possible, since the combined total of everything in C:\ is only about 13 gigs. I honestly have no idea how this occurred, but it's becoming quite the issue. Any ideas?

Some pics for reference:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is Windows ME, 256MB of memory, using the FAT32 file system. I've already scanned for viruses and there are none.

2. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

windows is reporting free space incorrectly, have you tried using scandisk/chkdisk? to see if it fixes the problem. I had a similar problem when I was using Win 98 in the past, even though I didnt notice that it was incorrect, scandisk fixed it...

3. archcommus

archcommus Big Geek

Yeah, he did a thorough scan disk (took about a full hour) and it found and fixed all the problems. This issue, however, still remains.

4. RZA

RZA l337 CounterStriker

maybe something went wrong when U formatted it(e.g shutdown!!)

or your mainboard just doesnt suport that large drives but then it must be a verry old pc

5. RZA

RZA l337 CounterStriker

ow and another thing try starting in dos using a floppy and check if its still the same

maybe its win me , me in known for its weird problems