A7N8X-E Deluxe booting problem

Discussion in 'Power Supplies and UPS's' started by DonMegel, Sep 19, 2004.

1. DonMegel

DonMegel Geek Trainee

I just git a new A7N8X-E Deluxe MB, one installed and booting I have a problem. It gets to my desktop background (looking funny cuz I havnt reinstalled by vid card yet) and then it hangs for ever. The mouse is there with the hour glass but nothing more.

Thanks for the help

In Christ,

Megel

2. harrack52

harrack52 Supreme Geek

You should do a clean install of Windows

3. DonMegel

DonMegel Geek Trainee

When I tried to install windows it wanted to format my HD

4. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

you gotta do that, thats part of doing a clean install of windows, you gotta whipe it all clean first! or you could make another partition,
    install and run windows of the 2nd partition
    access the 1st partition and get the files off of it
    just drag and drop them onto the 2nd parition through My Computer in windows!

5. DonMegel

DonMegel Geek Trainee

I figured it out, it wants to format the new HD I put in (d) not my old one (c).

6. harrack52

harrack52 Supreme Geek

Since your drive wasn't partitioned, it'll take a little longer to fix. But now is a good time to redeem yourself. It'll make things a lot easier for other times as well.

What you can do is, repair your current installation by booting with the Windows cd and choosing the right options when aksed to.

Once that is done and inside Windows (it should be working), format your new drive through the disk manager and copy your important files on it.

Then, do a clean install of Windows on your c: drive, after having formatted and partitioned it. C: has to be for the OS only and should be at least 5gb (with the pagefile on another partition) as files pile up on c: even if you never install anything on it. Divide the rest in themes like apps, games, etc.