Aahh Mac People!!

Discussion in 'The War Zone' started by Swansen, Mar 2, 2007.

1. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

DUDE, i hate it how every person who uses a mac think they own everybody or that they are just so much smarter and now they have a mac so of coarse they no better than everyone else because Mac's are just so much better in every way and they are everywhere and blah blah SHUT UP. dammit man, like seriously, this dude was all going on about how Mac's are everywhere and they are so much better than PC's yes PC's not windows, but PC's, shows how much he knows, they are PC's now for the most part with a proprietary mobo, everything else is the same, with a supposedly sweet OS. AND OH CRAP BOUT HIT HIM, we were talking about XGL and he's like i saw this video the other day and blah blah, i smell my own farts, and they just copied liger and Mac's...... I was like dude, XGL was around before any of that crap, and now its just popping up for windows operating systems, DUDE, JUST STOP, oh man, i was trying to keep from freaking out on him, uuhhh, so bad. Oh yeah on a side note, i'm ordering Mandriva after i pay my car insurance. anyways, i didn't look over that so if there is any grammar or anything, Blame it on the dumb Mac guy.. SSNNOOTTYY PEOPLE!!!! ok i'm done

2. megamaced

megamaced Geek Geek Geek!

"Welcome to another of Swansen's random thoughts. Guaranteed to confuse the best of us, or your money back!"

3. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

HAHAHAHA That actually made me laugh!

I'm getting a Mac soon, I promise I won't be all snooty and think I 'own' everyone. Hell, I may even end up installing Linux on there anyway...

4. RHochstenbach

RHochstenbach Administrator

I'll also get a Mac. But only because they are quite small (everything included within the screen), so I have more space on my room :D . AND because Mac OS is better than Windows. But I won't say that I'll rule the world with this thing. It is just a piece of hardware.

5. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

Cool, world domination doesn't rely on my Mac, my world domination is just inevitable :)

6. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

HAHAHA, that was funny, lol.

7. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

If Macs are so much better, have him answer the following:

1.)Why is Apple using x86-based parts for the current Macs instead of PowerPC?
    2.)Why is OS X a *nix derivative (close to *BSD)? If Macs are so much better, why did Apple see the need to move to an entirely new base code?
    3.)If it's so much better, why won't Apple let people buy that OS by itself?
    4.)Why is so much of the Mac OS system hidden from users?

5.)Why does OS X run on so few systems while Windows runs on, what 95% of desktop computers?
    6.)Why don't servers run OS X, despite being a *nix derivative?

I'd like to hear answers to those questions in a tone that isn't condescending.

8. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

lol, yeah, seriously, i'm going to memorize those and then confront him. It'll make my day i'm sure

9. Impotence

Impotence May the source be with u!

only just found this thread because you quoted mega in your sig, it nearly wins but i made the extra effort to read it when i realized it was Macintosh bashing.

maybe next time Swansen;-

"[The next un-understandable thing i read goes here, you better use your best grammar Swansen ;)]"

[OT]
    If I'm not careful i will end up awarding it to myself
    [/OT]

10. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

11. Addis

Addis The King

I don't see how using one proprietary system over another makes them superior.

Open minded but closed source. *cough*hypocrisy

12. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

lol, right, on a side note, this is really ironic, because i am now battling my father, because he has decided that Mac's are the key to success in life. He's all there completely uncorruptible, you never have to turn them off. The issues there, is thats not really true at all, and secondly, not only will he turn his machine off, probably at least twice a day, he also doesn't like spending a lot of money, as well, really only does some simple word processing, and internet browsing..... SO, my argument ensued, you sir, need to find Linux, and he's kinda hard to convince, of anything, so the battle continues. On a side note BASH BASH BASH BASH, of apple.

13. Impotence

Apple's are designed to be able to run 24/7, how well they do this i cant tell you.

however, i believe they cheat by restarting services when your not actively using them so a mac shouldn't really be given any awards for uptime as they do not really run 24/7.

I've seen people skin there computers to look like OSX, try that on a x86 box and tell him you 'pirated' osx and see if he likes it, then tell him the truth ;)

[OT]
    I was told the above (about macs restarting bits of themselves) by a mac lover, he seemed to think it was an amazing idea. I just said it was a blatant hack.
    [/OT]

14. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

HA, just got that one, i read over it and was like.... ok, and then i read it again, and that is a novel idea, seriously, a good idea. Granted, it will work as long as he doesn't look at any of the hardware.

also, i don't see how
    is off topic?? Anyways, i'm just going to get a laptop sometimes here for school, and but Linux on it, or get an EeePC, cause they are cool, and let him use it for like a week or something. I'm sure he'll love it.

15. Impotence

the eee is a VERY nice little machine, however, the keys are quite small and it takes a lot of getting used to and definitely slows you down, a roll up keyboard would work well for when you have a desk to sit at (work, college, train etc).

Other than than i love it :D (but i would stick a bigger SSD in it)

16. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

Most Definitely