About Ink cartridge

Discussion in 'Printers, Scanners and Digital Cameras' started by johnny.dacu, Jul 12, 2010.

1. johnny.dacu

johnny.dacu Geek Trainee

I recently bought a printer with ink and a friend warned me that after a certain period of time, toner ink can dry and be useless. Is this true? And if so, what is the maximum amount of time when this phenomenon to occur?

2. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

I'm not sure on the timeframe it starts to dry but if you print a test page every week it should help! I've not owned a Inkjet printer for years but I do remember having some kind of cleanup mode which could be used if it wasn't printing correctly.

3. HardwareHunter

HardwareHunter Geek Trainee

The ink itself is usually ok, but the ink residue on the printhead will usually congeal and clog it up if you leave a printer sitting for 3+ weeks. Doesn't always happen, but it's usually a good guideline to print at least once every 2 weeks to keep things working.

4. johnny.dacu

johnny.dacu Geek Trainee

Tnx all to your replays. Other question on same topic. For a test page is enough a single char or a small line?

5. HardwareHunter

HardwareHunter Geek Trainee

A single character will not help. The dried ink may hinder the initial printing. Try testing a with 3 or more lines to keep the stored ink flowing.

6. Mrtu

Mrtu Geek Trainee

The best you should regularly check ink by way every 2 weeks, you try printing some thing to keep the stored ink flowing, not to printer is disabled in long time. If the ink was dry, you can buy here, but you should ask them about how to use and ink drying time. good luck for you

7. henry222

henry222 Geek

Why not use the "Clean nozzles" feature in the printer-features? It wastes ink, which is good for Manufacturers, but "should" be a bit easier to perform, also the "print" will show all is well, etc.
    -to save ink you can switch-off the printer and then clear the "printer queue"
    - you only need a pageful if your ink is free.