airflow ?

Discussion in 'Cases, Modding and Gallery' started by RZA, Feb 18, 2003.

1. RZA

RZA l337 CounterStriker

I wanna have the best airflow possible but I'm not sure where I should place my casefans :confused:.
    this is my case
    I currently have one thats in the middle of my windowmod and one thats next to the cpu(or the ps/2 of the keyboard/mouse)

so can anyone help me with this ?

Thx

2. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

you could have one at the top the case, that should help the flow of air!

3. syngod

syngod Moderator

Yeah a chimney fan should help, another nice area to have a couple fans is at the front of your case bringing air in to help cool the HD's. I've noticed it works almost as well as a HD cooler in my Lian Li case.

4. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

I'd put one in front to suck air in and then blow it over the hard drives. Have 1 or two in the back where it's got the space. Make sure this suck air out of the case.

Also, you can get a cooler that takes up one of your expansion slot areas to cool off cards. I've also seen some coolers that fit over the PCI slots (screw on with the PCI cards).

5. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

just wondering, are the noise of these coolers going down or up as the speed of cpu's increase? I know the speed of the cpu's dont produce as much heat but still...

I just have one cheap, fan which keeps the temp low, but I can hear it a lot, lol:blah:

6. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Depends on the size of fans you use. The bigger the fan, the more airflow it can produce with a slower speed. I am looking into the same case RZA has as well as getting another SK-7 and 80mm HSF for my Tbird 1.4.

7. RZA

RZA l337 CounterStriker

I tried having it the top but its noisy cause the air has verry little space to go out it :(

I wanted to put a 80mm fan in the front to cool the harddisk and pci cards but I cant use a screwdriver because there is to little space :( I supose I should be able to take the whole front of but how :confused: ?

The case is pretty good only the neon light is kinda lame, I think its kinda fake neon light, and the sound sensitive option is lame too it makes my case looks like a club when my harddisk is working :D
    But then again it was one of the cheapest Enermax cases :)

8. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

I don't know that case, but I imagine that there should be some screws along the inside edge on both sides of the front. Or maybe some tabs that are holding it in.