All audio drivers installed but still no sound

Discussion in 'Sound Cards and Speakers' started by Feseto, Mar 10, 2005.

1. Feseto

Feseto Geek Trainee

I recently bought the Compaq Presario SR1359ES computer is Spain. As i am English i have re-installed Windows XP in English. However, I have lost all the software and some of the drivers that came with my original version of Spanish Windows XP. I have downloaded trial versions of the software I originally had but something still seems to be missing - if only i knew what!

I have been to the Compaq website, downloaded all the updated drivers but still having no joy. Have spoken to the "experts" at compaq and my problem still hasn't been solved.

I appear to have all the drivers required under the sound tab in device driver, but under 'other devices' i have a yellow question mark next to 'PCI Device'

Can anybody put me out of my misery and help me get sound!

2. ProcalX

ProcalX all grown up

Your computer most likely has Onboard sound - which by the sounds of it you've installed, however if you have a better sound card it will be in a PCI slot (a PCI Device), and if you havn't loaded the drivers for it your not going to have any sound, as you've probably connected your audio cable to the PCI Sound Card and not Onboard.