An article everyone in this forum should read

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by max12590, Aug 11, 2005.

1. max12590

max12590 Masterful Geek

Please take your time to read the article below.
    http://overclockers.com/tips00820/
    I am going to help start people off with this idea and I need you guys to help. I don't neccessarily think the part about servers based on specs would work but the general idea is great. Spread the word. Don't buy 2 7800 GTX's. Don't get a 4800+ X2. Don't get 4 gigabytes of RAM. Don't get limitless terabytes of HD space. Help bring the price of computer parts down!

2. pelvis_3

pelvis_3 HWF Member For Life

thas a great article although i got lost 3/4 way through!
    ive just read that and referred 6 people to that link and this website!

3. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

I'm gonna spam it everywhere. Good article, very true.

4. Addis

Addis The King

Someone had to say it. Good article. Especially the part about how they price products on what people will pay.

5. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Nice idea. Now, of course there are certain components you want to spend money on. What a lot of people don't realize is that these aren't the parts that you might think are necessarily the biggest deal. I'd say the biggest two parts in a computer would be the power supply and motherboard. If you stop and think about it, these are the two that affect stability the most, followed by your RAM and CPU.

I think I just came up with some fodder for a new article that I've been mulling over for the past few months...