another 'laugh at MS' thread

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by RHochstenbach, Jun 19, 2009.

1. RHochstenbach

RHochstenbach Administrator

MS has published a chart to compare IE8 with Firefox and Chrome. The chart can be found here. Basically they try to convince that IE8 is safer and more reliable than Firefox :D:D

2. donkey42

donkey42 plank

now this is my kind of thread i mean for christ sake XP was the first release of Win that even took security seriously :chk::chk:

poor Win :violin:

3. Anti-Trend

Anti-Trend Nonconformist Geek

4. Net Jockey

Net Jockey Geek Trainee

I am very...very...very comfortable with Firefox...Thank you just the same Microsoft.

5. RHochstenbach

RHochstenbach Administrator

And don't forget the time they take to release a patch. Always on the 1st tuesday of the month. So if there's a vulnerability discovered on the 1st wednesday of the month, everyone has to wait at least another month to get it patched.....

The linux community and Apple release it as soon as possible (linux even faster), and MS is complaining that this strategy is bad for companies. That's complete nonsense. Admins can always choose when to test and install updates (weekly or monthly).

They also have a tab on their chart, called Mythbusting. And this is a funny sentence:
    That is true. It gives you the malware and the crashes, and you don't have to do anything to get them. And that is user friendly! :D

6. DaRuSsIaMaN

DaRuSsIaMaN Geek Comrade

LOL
    How pathetic... this is just too much BS