Antec A900 vs P180

Discussion in 'Cases, Modding and Gallery' started by Dambuster, Mar 23, 2007.

1. Dambuster

Dambuster Magic

Hi,

I'm about to buy a P180 or an A900, depends which one will have a more efficient cooling system... also are there any other cases in that size that are as efficient?
    A comparison between the P180 and the A900 would be appreciated!
    Thank you.

2. Dambuster

Dambuster Magic

... problem solved, I got an Antec 900. Very nice!

3. dmbjohn

dmbjohn Geek Trainee

what was your reasoning for getting the 900 over the p180
    I am just curious because i have a similar problem
    only so far i am thinking the p180 because tis a full tower and the fact it is on sale this weekend where i usualy buy from

4. Dambuster

Dambuster Magic

If you are looking for a bigger case that's not necessarily for gaming get the P180, though if you want cooling definitely get the 900! It's soooooooooooo quiet! Unbelievable! Also, I prefer the 900 because it's cheaper and better than the P180 in terms of gaming. :cool:

5. dmbjohn

dmbjohn Geek Trainee

my main concerns are quiet with good cooling.

what power supply did you use in the 900

I wish they would measure cases by the inside dimensions also
    my current case is a "full tower" but not really it has these funky brackets on it that make it larger on the outside then it really is. i cant even remember what kind of case it is.

6. Dambuster

Dambuster Magic

I've put a 750W thermaltake tough power... you don't need more really. And I've never had a case as silent as this one! :cool:

7. Dambuster

Dambuster Magic

I will also add that with the 200mm fan on top and the 120mm in the back, sucking the heat out from an extremely efficient Asus Silent Square PRO brings temperatures of my Core 2 Extreme QX6700 down to as low as 22°C... Believe it or not. (At idle of course)

8. dmbjohn

dmbjohn Geek Trainee

very nice choices
    I may go that rout in the future thanks

9. Putter

Putter Geek

Both cases are excellent for gaming. I chose the p180 for mine because it looks better ;).

Antec makes awesome cases. Either of these is excellent for both cooling and silence. But I believe the p180 is sightly quieter, with the Antec 900 being better at cooling. Both are good for each criteria, but each has their advantage over the others. And the P180b looks better. But that's subjective.