Any links to some HDR for counterstrike source?

Discussion in 'Video Gaming' started by zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG, Sep 25, 2005.

1. zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG

zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG HWF Guitar Freak

I heard they're releasing HDR for counterstrike source soon, any pics? i cant wait for it to come out :good:

2. Marcus_X

Marcus_X Expert N00b

HDR ins't planned for CS:S the same has been asked about HL2, it does show up under the advanced video options ingame, because its part of the Source engine, however the maps actually have to suppport the HRD for it to really show up.

Thats why in the options it says "Full HRD if available". Valve might update their SDK, so mappers can make all new maps that include HDR.

They'll release an extra playable technology demo (used to be an extra chapter in the highway 17 section of the game) which is a free for all HL2 owners. It's just an extra level. This should be released within two weeks after the release of Day of Defeat: Source they said.

If you wan't source graphics with HDR you'll need to play that, which is quite impressive if I might say so. HDR hasn't been implemented into anything but DOD:S yet, and there has been talk on the Steam forums that HDR has been cancelled for HL2

I included some shots I made while playing DOD:S, most of them show HDR really nice, the 3rd picture is the same as the 4th picture but the 4th is after your eyes get used to the brightness (ingame)

Attached Files: