Anyone have any storys about the 810E chipset?

Discussion in 'CPU, Motherboards and Memory' started by shocktherapy, Oct 2, 2005.

1. shocktherapy

shocktherapy Geek Trainee

Good, bad, ugly...i'd like to know if i made a good choice for a system running 1.2ghz cpu 128mb ram.

any feedback would be helpful

2. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

i had a small HP? system running 800mhz or so. Good quiet and very cool system. Ran off a 100 or so watt power supply. Good little machine

3. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

It's a value chipset, so while it's not good for a gaming rig due to the lack of an AGP slot, for surfing the web, wordprocessing or spreadsheets, playing music...basic stuff, it's perfect.

4. shocktherapy

shocktherapy Geek Trainee

so 200watts should be fine?...and i kinda was looking to play some games on it...what about PCI cards?

5. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Well, you're pretty much limited to a 1GHz-1.2GHz PIII/Celeron if the board supports the Tualtin core (which I believe is supported by the i810e/i815e). The PCI cards might work, but you have to understand that AGP was developed because of the bandwith requirements that video cards were beginning to require. Will you be able to game? Yes, but don't expect to play Doom 3 or FarCry on that sucker. If it actually runs (and I think it's below system requirements for the games) you're probably not going to have all that of an enjoyable experience.

Now, if you still want to stick with a Socket 370 setup, you'd be better off going with a motherboard based off the i815e, which is pretty much the same thing as the i810e, but with an AGP slot. Off-hand, the Asus TUSL2-C comes to mind, but there are others.