Anyone up for a good gaming PC?

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade' started by Exfoliate, Sep 27, 2005.

1. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

I'm selling my PC to save up for a laptop so after Ebay didn't work I thought I'd try you all:) I built this last April so it's still fairly current and it is in 100% working order. I have reinstalled XP Pro and have not been connected to the internet with it since so there will be ZERO spyware/virus/trojan issues for you to wade though.

Just to be fair I will call four minor flaws to your attention:
    1: There is a black streak on the Space key, no real damage though.
    2: The fan inside the mouse no longer functions properly so I'd advise against using it.
    3: The front panel light on the case no longer works, although unfortunate the case still looks cool:)
    4: I actually have 1.25GB of memory installed however only 1GB seems to be detected. I'll let you play around with it if you like but I will not be held responsible for any accidents that occur.

The spec are as follows:

Blue NZXT mid tower case

* AMD Athlon 3000+ Winchester
    * Hitachi 80GB SATA 150 HD
    * nVidia GeForce 6800 vanilla 128MB
    * 1 blue and 1 green 120mm fans
    * Creative 56k Modem
    * NYKO Airflow mouse
    * XP Professional installed
    * Gigabyte K8NS-939 AGP 8x mobo
    * Zippy Aluminum 'scissor key' keyboard
    * 1GB PC3200 ram
    * 512MB v-data
    * 2x256MB's G.Skill
    * 256MB Patriot Extreme w/ heat-spreaders (2-3-2-5)

* Arctic Cooling Silencer 64 Ultra cpu cooler
    * Thermaltake Silent Purepower 420wt PSU
    * LiteOn ComboDrive
    NOTE: While the picture show a crappy monitor by the PC you can't have him I'm afraid, frankly it wouldn't be worth your or my trouble to ship the beast.

All necessary cables and driver/utility CD's are included
    The following games are also included
    Terminator: Rise of the Machines
    MotoGP
    Commandos 3
    X2 The Threat
    ExtremeTech Vol.1 with Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow and Rome: Total War Demos
    Battlefield 2 demo (with other arcady games)

I have installed windows XP Professional on this PC, it is a fresh install so I haven't filled it with anything other than the necessary drivers (CD's included). You can obviously edit any account options you like, like I said before it hasn't been connected to the internet so there is 0 spyware/virus' nor have I tinkered with the network options for your sake.
    Also included are a bunch of utilities that came with my hardware, for instance PowerDVD and Nero burning software from my Combo Drive.

What you can expect from this computer

(note this is not an overclocked computer, my components are all healthy so I'll leave the overclocking to you).
    Ultra smooth gameplay with HL2 on high.Doom 3 above 60fps on High (I haven't tried Ultra but it may be playable).GTA:SA with settings maxed and above 40fps.Knights of the Old Republic runs perfectly with everything maxed as well.You can push FarCry as far as it will go and still get great fps (sorry I don't know the exact amount).Painkiller runs flawlessly with all settings pushed as high as they'll go.
    I will only accept Paypal for this and I'll ship it out the most cost effective way I can. For your sake I would advise aginst buying this if you live in a distant or obscure country as the shipping will be horrendous but it's up to you. It's about 31lbs. when packaged up so you do the math if you like.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [​IMG]
    And inside view showing off the lighting and cpu cooler. I've done my best at cable management as well.

[​IMG]
    A shot of most of the CD's included (I could only fit so many into the pic);) And the keyboard+mouse.

[​IMG]
    A general shot of the whole shibang.

I'm asking about a $1000 for this guy, over all I paid about $1500 and with XP installed you're getting a pretty good deal.
    Serious buyers only please. Feel free to post questions right here:)