Are Bootable Anti-virus/malware Scans As Good As The "normal" Ones?

Discussion in 'General Software' started by Bogdanov989, Apr 26, 2015.

1. Bogdanov989

Bogdanov989 Geek Trainee

I recently started using the various bootable anti-virus/malware scanners, like the Kaspersky's Rescue Disk.

However i am really interested in how do these bootable scans compare to the "normal" Windows run scans.

For example, would a maximum scan from Kaspersky Rescue Disk find as many malware/viruses as a max scan from Kaspersky Total Security?

Assuming both anti-virus/malware scanners are up to date (latest versions and databases), which is expected to reliably find and clean more viruses/malware?

Thank you for helping out [​IMG]

2. Wicked Mystic

Wicked Mystic Big Geek

Bootable ones are better because viruses have no chance to load into memory and disrupt virus scanners. Assuming both are up to date of course.

3. Logan Milligan

Logan Milligan Geek Trainee

Yes! I never used more than one antivirus at ones, and never used other than "Microsoft Essential". It is too light and good enough to handle viruses. But Kaspersky is a best alternative.

4. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

Bootable antiviruses are nice, But always run one under Windows also.. Don't reley on just a bootable one.. Always use a Good Antivirus along with Malwarebytes and use Hitman Pro for total Protection..