Argh!

Discussion in 'Linux, BSD and Other OS's' started by ProcalX, Sep 27, 2004.

1. ProcalX

ProcalX all grown up

right for some reason first time i installed SUSE it was f**ked,.. thing its cos i tried to do the partitions myself but stuffed it up lol...

anyway second time i left suse to do it and it works perfectly.. problem is half way through configuring after install it locked up.. or was hanging whilst trying to detect my hardware.. so i rebooted.. now...

it automatically went into suse and asked me for login and password.. i had already set this before reboot.. username i presume was root cos i had specified a root password.. now...

i use that password it doesnt work...

so now i am locked out of my own linux system!

2. Anti-Trend

Anti-Trend Nonconformist Geek

Sounds like something evil happened while you were installing it. Are you 100% certain your RAM is kosher? I'd give it a few passes with Memtest86 and make sure. But, the bottom line is that you're going to have to reinstall from scratch (again). Sorry but if your root password is even hosed, God only knows what else is. At least since you've never even logged in, you don't have any important data on the system yet!

-AT

3. ProcalX

ProcalX all grown up

my memory is fine, i didn't think there were any problems with it, but ran memtest anyway, and also the one that comes with suse linux boot menu.. no problems at all..

i just think it didnt like rebooting in the middle of the bloody configuration lol

:/ linux has stolen lots of my HDD space :( 160GB SATA now 90GB in windows its stolen 70GB :O

bastard!

although... i might just wipe all my hard drives and just run linux, fed up with windows.

4. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

amen to that!

:good: