Aspire Xdreamer ATX Mid case.

Discussion in 'User Reviews' started by ninja fetus, May 4, 2005.

1. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

http://www2.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811144001

[​IMG]

I bought it a year ago? Maybe. Maybe less I can't really remember. It's been terrific though. Looks. Front panel is an acrylic (fancy word for plastic) panel that is held on by some plastic fasteners throught he front black plastic panel.
    It just adds to the gloss and sheen of the case. the XdreamerII has LED's in the plastic chromed fastens but I chose the Xdreamer instead because they annoyed the crap out of me. Very bright.

Cooling-Cooling is sufficient. I'm running the original fans on 5v rails because they are a little loud and I sleep next to my pc. Reported case temps of motherboard probes never reach above 30C.

LED blue backlit Temperature-Very nifty. Just place the probe as close to the CPU as you can without crushing it under the heatsink and get accurate, fast results that makes you look like a pro case modder.

Space-I found the space overwhelming. This is the main reason it's a steel case yet it's made me very satisfied. Only thing I would change is the drive bays come back a little ways. There is just enough space for you to slide front fans in between the backside of the front panel and the hard drive rack.

Appearance-Black. Beautiful black. So shiny that fingerprints would show on it. This is a plus for all you crazy lan goers but it was troublesome to keep clean if your a neat freak. The window is very large as you can see in the picture and you can see every part in the case except upwards of the powersupply.

Quality/Design-Very well designed. Support in all the right places. You can step down on the bottom section, place your hands on front and back tops of the case then try and bend it. Of course there is some flex but it is very stiff. I've actually dropped it. Nothing in it, but it fell a foot onto my carpet and no damage when I first bough it.

Noise dampening-Good. When you open the side of the case you hear a lot more noise. I can't even hear my hard drive when my window panel is on. Though it is audible 3 feet away without it.

Motherboard tray-yes it has one. Is it necessary? No. I've never needed to take it out. Even putting in my beasty Abit NF7-S motherboard I left it in along with all my hard drives and opticals. No problem installing it. Very roomy.

Overall-Would I buy this again? Yes. Without a doubt. Though I would replace the powersupply right off the bat. I never got to use it because I had another right in place because I had heard of some weaknesses with it and power issues. Though this isn't a normal thing when building a gaming rig. Almost everyone ditches case powersupplies and goes for a beefy name brand. I paid $80 and a few weeks later saw it for much less. I don't regret it. I had it instead of another and that's all that mattered to me.

This case is very easy to mod. The steel is very firm so it will hold things in place and can be drilled through with not much problem. At a last lan I was at it was a star attraction because I had a toy horse head bolted to the top spinning at very high speeds and did not woble from warping case top. I frequently use it as a leg rest as it is under my desk.

I give this case a 5 out of 5.

2. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

good review ninja, it sounds like a quality case on the cheap plus it looks pretty good.

3. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

Oh, forgot to add that the stealth bays do not work sometimes. Instead of painting or coloring my drive face I pulled the actual face and rigged up a piece of scrap metal from the stealth bay button to hit the eject actuator.

4. Cool thanks nice review, i'm putting this case into consideration.

5. rike17

rike17 Geek Trainee

ha and I'm right about to buy this case, thanks for the review it helped