Assasins creed on PC

Discussion in 'Video Gaming' started by Ferg, Apr 11, 2008.

1. Ferg

Ferg Manbearpig

Just got this going today and all I can say is wow! Only played it for about 10 mins as am too busy to really get into it till the weekend but the detail is amazing! - think of oblivion's clothing detail and times it by 2!

Anyone else embarking on this adventure? :D

2. RHochstenbach

RHochstenbach Administrator

I got it today, and it looks really nice indeed.

3. Pimp

Pimp Captain of USS Defiant

Yeah i got it too, beautifully made game and runs well on my system. I just love going around Damascus city and killing all the soldiers in low profile in dense crowds. Oh and i heard that there are only 9 people to assassinate in missions so it's not really that long of a game :( but once you finished the game you can always go round killing random people :) also the combos in fighting are really cool :p like stab em in head and then neck and then between legs :x:

btw have you guys experienced some bugs????

4. RHochstenbach

I noticed some bugs: when you're on the roof, chased by a guard and then hide somewhere, the guard will stop the chase and jump all the way down. I also noticed that a guard was running up and down a ladder. But you could call that glitches.

5. RHochstenbach

Just to inform you all. I've just completed the game :D
    You can't unfortunately. After the game is completed, you can't do any free-roaming. The only option is to replay previous missions :(

6. Ferg

Ferg Manbearpig

Anyone finding the combat system a bit below par, sometimes the controls are just infuriating for me, given only played it for a few hours now but still....

7. RHochstenbach

I'm using the 360 controller on the PC, and these controls are quite good. There are some problems, when that dude is doing other things than you want it to do.

8. Pimp

well that is poo :(

I haven't played it enough yet got loads of exam revision and course work to do

9. m60dude5

m60dude5 Geek Trainee

Hey, I was looking at getting this game too. I like first person shooters, but I get bored quick if I have to walk around alot. Would I like this game.

10. Ferg

Ferg Manbearpig

I'd probably say no then, you have to 'blend' into the crowd a lot, which of course means walking... slowly :D

At least borrow it off of someone first is all i can say :)

11. RHochstenbach

If you enjoy playing stealth games like Splinter Cell and Hitman, then you would enjoy it. Otherwise not.

It's not required to be hidden all the time, but not many gamers would enjoy performing a sword fight against a whole army :p

12. Pimp

This game reminded me of Oblivion but no monsters in caves lol

13. RHochstenbach

The only similarity with Oblivion, is riding horses.

14. burgerman

burgerman Geek Trainee

I bought the game, but as you've probobly all been aware, running vista and a high end nvididia video card I, among thousands of others get TDR nvidia errors. (i.e "The display driver blah blah has stopped and was successfully recovered").

so every few steps i take the video driver resets itself. Its an unplayable $90 buck game thanks to the now famous nvidia+vista issue heh.

but from what I see it looks like a good game!

but if you ever build a gaming machine for anybody don't put vista on it because there's a 50% chance it'll happen to your client and they'll blame you first ! haha!

15. Pimp

hmmm strange i didn't get that issue :dry:

16. shareefa

shareefa Geek Trainee

Hi, i just to inform you all...this game is very interesting....

Shareefa

SreeVysh Corp

17. Pimp

Ok and thanks for that info but why did you put that link in, it has no link to the game???? or are you trying to promote your website hmmmmm :dry: