asus sound card problem please help!!!

Discussion in 'Sound Cards and Speakers' started by jebus, Jul 27, 2002.

1. jebus

jebus Geek Trainee

hey giez i am having trouble with my asus board its a asus
    a7m 266 d with 2 amd mp 1800+ the problem i have is that my computer keeps crashing.. why its doing this i have no clue... i have narrowed it down to as being the sound card how to fix it i have no clue this is what happening........ i will be sitting in windows then all the sudden my computer crashes after some sound file goes on such as aim windows msn messenger. its not whenever sound plays its random crashes like i could be playing music and talking on aim and nothing then i get a "IM" ring boom it crashes i have gotten the problem more steady by getting sound card updates and stuff and changing jumper modes i reformated about 1 week ago i thaught i fixed the problem but i didnt a few days ago it started crashing agian and it hasnt been getting any better..lately its been crashing a few times a day driving me nutz. the errors look something like this its a blue screen its says some crap on what to do which i folowed then it says stuff about what caused the problem this one comes up all the time now DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_EQUAL_TO or something close to that and somewere and in some cases i ahve seen it say c media my onboard sound card. at the bottum of the blue screen it says dumping physical memory 1.2.3.4.5ect goes on til i restart the computer. i need some help bad i cant figure this out please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if this help i am using windows xp but i have tryed win 2000 thinking it may be better but nothing windows 2000 professional was crashing at startup sometimes i dont want to go buy a sound card if i can fix this problem. please help!!!

2. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

I've been reading over at 2CPU's forums about the C-Media sound giving problems with that particular motherboard. Last I checked, the problem hadn't been solved, but it would be worth a look just in case. Try disabling the on-board sound and using a different sound card, like a PCI Sound Blaster 16.

3. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

If you can jebus, let us know if you got the problem fix or not? It will be usefull for other users who may have the same problem!

4. jebus

jebus Geek Trainee

asus

i got the problem fixed by buying a new sound card and i disabled the onboard

5. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Dang! I just saw this over @ 2CPU's forums. Looks like someone's gotten some luck with the CMI sound chip on the Asus board. I'm a little late, as I just saw this thread this morning, but it looks like there is a fix available.

http://forums.2cpu.com/showthread.php?threadid=23433

6. jebus

jebus Geek Trainee

asus sound problem

it looks like what he did i did or i did the same thing it seems like it only lasted for like 1 week with no crashing then it crashed again slowly it all depends how much you use audio to mine was crashing so damm much because i had msn messenger open and aim and when i would talk and get a i'm all the sudden i crashed. well so far i have no problems now that i disabled onboard and bought a new sound card...people who also have my board talk me that its best if you disable and buy a new one because they couldnt figure it out.:D

7. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Out of curiosity, what card did you get?

8. jebus

jebus Geek Trainee

asus sound card

i got a Sound Blaster AUDIGY Platinum