Azumanga Daioh!

Discussion in 'TV, Movies, Anime and Manga' started by Big B, Apr 8, 2004.

1. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Picked up Newtype USA, and one of the promo eps they had on the DVD was Azumanga Daioh. It's just so damn funny, and it's just hijinks of jr high grrls. Kitties have really big teeth. I may have to pick up the ...

2. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Finally got around to picking up the first DVD: Entrance.

OMG, this is funny as hell. Just high-schoolers, but pretty off the wall (but not quite as insane or offensive as Excel Saga can be). Probably the funniest series I've seen (at least if this keeps up).

3. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

Tell us more!

4. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Okay, the main characters are Chiyo, Tomo, Kyomi (aka Yomi), Sakaki, Kagura, Osaka, Miss Yukari, and Nyamo (P.E. teacher). It's set in high school.
    -Chiyo is a 10 year old who's smart enough to jump ahead five years into the eqivalent of the 10th grade. On top of that, she's rich.
    -Tomo is the most hyperactive one and tends to do things that irritate others, especially her friend Yomi. She probably has ADD to some extent, and even if she doesn't she's usually very wound up.
    -(K)yomi is another smart one in the bunch, and a source of logic. She's not fat, but the scales make her a little depressed.
    -Sakaki is pretty quiet and athletic. She has a love for cats, but she doesn't own any, and all the ones she comes across have big pointy teeth and bite her.
    -Osaka is just a nickname she got because she's from Osaka. She's nice, but tends to be in la-la land most of the time, and ends up saying stupid stuff frequently.
    -Kagura is another athlete, and more or less on par with Sakaki. She's more outgoing and next in line as the most crazy person of the bunch after Tomo.
    -Miss Yukari is their homeroom and English teacher. She's more or less an airhead and rather immature at times. Possibly the only person that's more of a butthead that Tomo.
    -Nyamo is the P.E. teacher, and a former classmate of Miss Yukari as well as a friend. She's more down to earth, and usually ends up fighting/restraining Yukari. There is this one time where she has too much saki to drink (in an attempt to keep Yukari from drinking it), and ends up saying some stuff that probably should've been kept hushed.
    However, she's usually pretty nice and restrained.

There's also Mr. Kimura, another teacher, but this guy is rather wierd and tends to say things that can be taken and make him seem like a perv.

5. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

Sounds funny!