Beefy requirments!

Discussion in 'Video Gaming' started by Exfoliate, Mar 9, 2005.

1. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Man this had better be one cool game, a lot of people I know (gamers included) couldn't even run this sucker.

http://www.gogamer.com/cgi-bin/GoGamer.storefront/SESSIONID/Product/View/001STAL

My Athlon 64 is clocked @ 1.8 GHz, I can still play it right? I'm assuming that the 2.0 GHz requirement was referring to a P4 not an AMD64. Even if the games wanted a 3.0 GHz processor I should still (technically) be able to play it (just not very well) right? Thanks.

2. ProcalX

ProcalX all grown up

All game and software requirements are based on Pentium 4's and AMD XP's

For example:

Doom 3 Resurrection says it requires:
    Pentium 4 or AMD XP 2800
    512MB Ram
    GeForce 3 or above (lies)

remember that your AMD64 is rated at 3000+ - not only that but your 64Bit 3000+ will perform about 5-10% faster than a AMD XP 3000+

3. ProcalX

ProcalX all grown up

Oh and your link doesn't work.

4. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Thanks dude, link should work now. Just scroll down to the bottom to see the requirments. (this is one of my favorite sites to order games from too).

5. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

yeah, the amd's when they say 2400+. 2600+, 2800+ and so on is of AMD's rating. The ratings are judged in comparison to the intel P4's performance. Example, the 2400+ will perform equal to, or greater than the p4 2.4, 2600+ greater or equal to 2.6 and so on. The amd's clocks are much lower than the p4 line. Clock speeds are measured in cycles per a time given. How much work can be done per cycle differs amoung AMD and Intel, as the AMD can rate themselves higher in comparison because they do much more work per cycle than the p4's. Hope this helps :D

6. ProcalX

ProcalX all grown up

Actually Ninja your description of cycles and comparisons is slightly inaccurate but i cant be bothered to repost.

7. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Thanks ninja, that's how I see it too. I just wanted to make sure the site was refering to Intel's chips not AMD's P-rating or somthing like that. Still you've got to admit that is one demanding game. Even compared to Doom3 "Stalker" requires twice the vram, a 500 MHz higher clockspeed for the processor, and 128 MB's more ram.

8. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

yeah I know, it's very generalized