been a while..

Discussion in 'Testing Arena' started by Waffle, Jul 2, 2005.

1. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

..since i threw out anything new, so spent a little time on this:

[​IMG]

i feel the left side is too empty, even with the text..suggestions?

2. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Amazing effect mate, layer mask right;), how'd you get that streaky effect ontop of the [ace] brush work? Looks really cool. Personally I'd move "Waffles" down to the bottom left, make it a tad smaller, and no text twisting. Maybe a layer mask on the text too? Then maybe have some image just peaking through the left mid section, like some guys head with the googles or whatever, low opacity, and of course...a layer mask. Okay maybe you don't need the layer mask but just blend it in. It's a thought anyway.

3. Willz

Willz MiCrO$oFt $uK$ :D

oh brilliant work waffles, how exatly did you do it, i am trying to learn photoshop cs, its so hard tho, your banner thing you made, is ok as it is, its better than anything i could do, did you use grunge for that banner?

how exatly did you get that man with the gun on?, did you have to cut it out of a picture?, and then blend it in?

4. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

yeh all with layer masks,

the streaky line effect is a pattern on a new layer, but the pattern is behind one of the grunge layers, so you can't see it all, giving that look.

you can't layer mask any item that has a 'layer style' which is annoying. you have to brush out what you don't need and *then* apply the style.

Thanks again,

I used grunge brushes, some of which are my own, others that have been downloaded, and some are native effects in photoshop.

I took an image from the web, and using a layer mask, removed excess background to blend it in well.

I'll try as you suggested and post back.

[​IMG]

5. Willz

Willz MiCrO$oFt $uK$ :D

why dont you put some animated rain on it?

6. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

Wouldn't suit the sig, and looks cheesy, well, all the rain effects I've ever created before look awful.

7. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

And the file size would be massive...Looks excellent waffles, well done mate, see, now doesn't it look nicer with that extra render on the left?:) My only nit pick this time might be that the new render looks ever so slightly cartoony compaired to the other one which creates an odd contrast if you want to be picky, could just be me though. Hey, otherwise it's top notch:good:

8. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

yup exactly what i thought.

couldnt find a 'photo' counter strike image, aside from teh one i used already...

might try different render later.

9. zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG

zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG HWF Guitar Freak

reminds me of my jeans haha, awesome though man, man I wish I was as good at that

10. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Those must be some pretty sweet jeans:p, Though you'd have to be just a little obsessive to wear Counter Strike jeans:rolleyes:

11. max12590

max12590 Masterful Geek

Haha, I want CounterStrike jeans. I thought about getting the Platinum HL2 pack for the shirt and hat :p. Right now I have on my Newegg shirt, ahhhhh, the geekiness of it all.

12. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

I sort of want a geek shirt but nobody, I mean nobody, even the so called geeks, would understand it and I'd be ridiculed "Newegg! what the **** is that, some chicken company, huh, huh!", losers.