Beers of the world

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Big B, Sep 21, 2004.

1. megamaced

megamaced Geek Geek Geek!

Personally I think those alco-pops are horrible. I can drink one bottle, but anymore and I will feel sick!
    I am quite fond of Red Sqaure however - in moderation. They've taken my favourite soft drink (RedBull, hmmm caffeine :D ) and added vodka! So not only do you get drunk, but also high on caffeine! Hence you enter into a strange kind of hyper-active fit, and you will never sleep again!

I've always wanted to try a glass of Absynth! I've heard that stuff has hallucinogenic properties! I've also heard it's quite dangerous in quantities:

1st glass - You feel on top of the world
    2nd glass - Strange things start appearing out of nowhere!
    3rd glass - Vision is getting more distorted, things start to freak you out
    4th glass - You want to end it all and grab the nearest knife......

2. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

And when the red-bull does eventually wear off it's like some's hit a switch that just turns your whole body off and you end up in a heap on the floor...I personally don't like red-bull but I've seen it happen to many people at parties, they drink that stuff and then go crazy for a few hours, once it wears off they just end up asleep in the middle of the floor...then wake up the next day wondering what the hell happened...

3. megamaced

That's very true! I've actually had a comedown from a RedBull :D I drank 2 RedBulls, one straight after the other before I went into an exam. I felt so awful later on that I had to get some sleep!

Did you know that RedBull is banned in France because of it's high caffeine content? :eek:

4. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

Blimey...I know some people think it's bad for you because of the high caffeine content...

Can we possibly talk about general alcoholic drinks as well? Because I love Malibu and Coke...mmmmmmmm and Baileys...with ice....But still for me Carlsberg is the winner...I had a Fosters the other day, too watery...yuck.
    [ot]Congrats on the news position megamaced! :good: [/ot]

5. megamaced

Still, it's never stopped me from drinking it :)

Baileys and Malibu.... :simpson:

I've stopped drinking beer for the time being - ever since my work's Christmas party......:stag: Let's just say I don't remember much of it!
    My poison at the moment is a glass (or five) of Jack Daniels & Coke.

Cheers :)

6. Karanislove

Karanislove It's D Grav80 Of Luv

What's left?

7. Anti-Trend

Anti-Trend Nonconformist Geek

This thread makes me thirsty every time somebody posts in it. :)[ot]In related but off-topic news, my wife is training to become a bartender. :) How lucky am I, eh? A hot, geeky wife who runs Linux and makes a mean Long Island Iced Tea. ...I'll stop gloating now. :O[/ot]

8. pelvis_3

pelvis_3 HWF Member For Life

I'll take three please :D

9. Anti-Trend

[ot]
    I have had dreams... :D ...I'm sorry, what were we talking about again?:O[/ot]

10. Addis

Addis The King

Diet coke for me. Normal only when I need the sugar. What does beer taste like :p?

11. Anti-Trend

Hmm, hard to describe. There are many different categories of beer stipulated by the ingredients and the brewing process, and each has a different taste. For instance, a lager is a relatively mild, light-colored beer while a stout is a boisterous, black-colored beer. All beer tastes slightly bread-like, as they are made with the same ingredients, and has a slightly bitter taste (some moreso than others). I guess you just have to wait until you're a bit older and try it out for yourself!

[ot]You know Diet Coke is horrible for your body right? :confused:[/ot]

12. Addis

Addis The King

I don't think that the aspartame sweeteners are that bad, I think if you drive a 1000 can quantity of the stuff a day it won't do you much good.

13. megamaced

I'd like to nominate the worst beer in the world: Special Brew!

Drunk by tramps the world over. They normally cover their can with a plastic bag (normally blue, but colours can vary) to hide it from the public (and police). What they haven't realised in their drunk and smelly state, is the fact that everyone can see the drink through the bag, let alone smell it!

The brew is rated at 9% i think, although a rating of 20% is more adaquate! Guaranteed to get you in a punch-up - you will be rolling about all over the place. You'll wake up the next morning with blood all over your face, and piss down your left leg :D Nasty!

And what does this magical liquoir taste like, I hear you ask? How the :swear: should I know - I'm not drinking that!!

14. Anti-Trend

In the States we have something similar -- Old English 800. Charcoal-filtered, nasty-tasting, cheap-ass, poor-boy malt liquor at its worst. :p

15. megamaced

Y'know there are a lot of pubs in London that actually water-down their beer. It's as if the barmaid has taken a half-empty glass of beer from a table, and filled it to the top with water when no one was looking!
    Aside from that, beer tastes much better from a pump. I would never buy a can of Guiness, especially when warm! Warm beer is repulsive....t

16. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

Yeah I absolutely love Carlsberg from a pump, from a can it's not so nice, I remember when I went on holiday there were a load of people ill because the bar had cleaned out their tubes/pumps that morning and forgot to wash them through properly, so the first lot of drinks bought had cleaning chemicals in them, needless to say people were not too happy.

17. megamaced

Ouch, that's nasty! I'd have thought the drinks would taste funny, and perhaps slightly off colour. "I don't remember the last time I saw a liquid blue Calsberg". "Your just drunk love, drink it and shut up" :D

Did you or your parents drink any of it?

18. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

No they didnt, but a lot of the people put it down to it being 'foreign beer'.

19. megamaced

Hehe, a flawed misconception. A Carlsberg (or whatever it may be) should taste the same no matter where you buy it.

Are there any smokers on these forums? Us Brits won't be able to smoke in pubs from next year. I can understand the reasons why smoking should not be allowed in cafes, but a pub is a different thing altogether. I like nothing more than to sit down with a fresh brew, spark up a cigarette and relax. Sure it's bad for you, but what isn't these days? It's another example of our personal liberties and freedoms being swipped from under our feet. Why don't we ban fast food because it makes people fat, and costs the NHS millions?

20. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

haha that nasty stuff always pops up at parties shortly followed by sighs of disappointment then shrugs and chugs. of course i'm the one sitting down hogging the xbox while all this happens =/ 7 more years to go...