Belkin F5D6231-4 Password Reset

Discussion in 'Networking and Computer Security' started by amateur, May 30, 2006.

1. amateur

amateur Geek Trainee

Hi,
    I have a Belkin F5D6231-4 and I forgot the admin. password so want to reset it. I already tried pressing the Reset Button on the router for 5 minutes but it did not work. I set a WEP key for wireless and it works fine for other people at my home. But my laptop with in-built wireless does not detect the router for some reason. It detects six other networks but not my router and other laptops in my house can detect it and it works fine for them.

So I basically need help with two problems:
    1) Resetting the Router Password
    2) Getting wireless access on my laptop.

This is my first post so I am sorry if I did not address the issues correctly.

Thanks in advance for your help.

2. Karanislove

Karanislove It's D Grav80 Of Luv

Forgotten or Lost Router Password

The router username is always admin
    The default password is password or (for older routers) 1234

Try the default username and password before resetting the router to the factory defaults.

When a router resets, it goes back to the state when it was new — all information that was entered by hand is lost! Examples are critical things you need to get online, such as ISP username, ISP password, IP addresses, security keys, and ports and services that were opened. It all needs to be re-entered.

So, have your ISP information before resetting the router.

Naturally, if you moved to a new city, or if you bought a used router, the old information in the router may not be of use to you. Contact your ISP if you can't connect any computer directly to the Internet. Then, if there is a connection problem when the router is added, see No Internet Access Through the Router

Reset for most routers with a reset button on the rear panel

Write down configuration information such as IP addresses, security keys, opened ports and services, etc., that you modified. (The default username is admin and the password is either password or 1234. Try these before resetting the router.)

Press the reset button on the back until the test light blinks. This takes about 10 seconds. (To avoid accidental resets, the small button is recessed. Use a pen or paperclip to access it.)
    Release the button.
    Wait for the router to reboot.
    If the router was not cleared, try these additional steps AFTER the router has finished rebooting.

Unplug the router's power.
    Press and hold the reset button. While the button is held down, reconnect router's power.
    Continue to hold the reset button for 20 seconds after reconnecting the power.
    Wait for the router to reboot.

[link=http://kbserver.netgear.com/kb_web_files/n100651.asp]<<<<Article Source>>>>[/link]
    I hope this one will provide you some help in your laptop problem as well.

3. Addis

Addis The King

If the reset key doesnt work you'll have to call Belkin tech support for the specific methods of resetting.

4. AHS

AHS Geek Trainee

plug a patch lead in the internet port and any other port then power it up. this resets the router.