best for £175?

Discussion in 'Video Cards, Displays and TV Tuners' started by Willz, Aug 18, 2005.

1. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Holy crap dude that's amazing! Winning the lotery, sweet! Congrats and enjoy the card:)

2. Willz

Willz MiCrO$oFt $uK$ :D

it is :p, the most i ever won was £100 on the thunderball lottary, anyway, hopefully i am oredering it tomorrow, and i am hoping it will arrive on thuesday, i was ot have chance to test it out before the day i go for enrolment at college.

i wonder what score i will get in 3dmark05 :D

3. Willz

4. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Wow, I have never seen so many different choices over one purchase lol:p Don't worry, very high end cards like this rarely have crappy fans, the X800Pro's almost exclusively have quality coolers, as do the X800XT/PE's and of course X850's, particually that latter of the bunch as their pricey and run sort of hot. The card will serve you well so buy the puppy and enjoy. You could spend months looking at highend AGP cards waiting for deals and by then the 7800GT will be 180quid. Just get it and enjoy, you won't be dissappointed.

5. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Oh, and just so you all know the X800 and X800GT's aren't softmoddable or unlockable. The pipes have been laser cut so it's all over. But for the price what do you want?

6. Willz

:D, i have ordered the sapphire X800XT, and i will overclock it a little so its as good as an X800XT PE.

http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/prod...2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=72972

in the link, thats what i have got, also i seen on a website review of this card, that it apparently comes with budled software and a game or 2, it was on a sapphire x800xt aswell, so will this one even though it does not say?

7. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Nice, I'm sure you'll love it:good:

8. Willz

hopefully, now untill it comes i just sit around looking at reviews lol, hmm what should i do with my 9600 whilst waiting?, shall i try and get it up to breaking point?

9. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Set a record and brag:)

10. Willz

hmm lol, what record, how lol? :p

11. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

yeah try and o/c it until it blows up, film it while you do and then post the video so we can all watch! heh

12. Willz

hmm, i might, lol

13. Willz

oh, it turns out after all this i aint getting the graphics card cos ebuyer sucks ass and i would have to wait 6 weeks for it :(, so i gotta spend an extra £50 on a crap X800XL so thats £299 :'(

i knew it was too good to be true :mad: me= stuck with 9600 for ages

14. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

15. Willz

yea, i know, i was thinking of getting it but i am anoyed with waiting, i might just spends £300 on an x800xl :\, then overclock the x800xl to hell.

what would hapen if i overclocked an x800xl to x800xt pe speeds?, would it survive?

16. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

In the long run you'd be very thankful that you got the X800XT/PE on OC'ers, sure you have to wait awhile but their cheap enough and you get a good card. Don't cheat yourself here.
    No you would have a very hard time getting an XL to XTPE speeds. The XL isn't clocked very high and doesn't overclock very well anyway. It's a nice card but the XT is worth the wait. Especially at 159+VAT.

17. Willz

i am staying with the £258 x800xt at ebuyer, i hope it comes on monday or thuesday, if not i am just like going to expload.

18. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

I thought you said it would be like 6 weeks? Hey cool either way, you'll have a beefy rig after this for sure.

19. Willz

i am doing a some benchmarks on aquamark 3 and 3d mark 01 se with my 9600np, i am doing various settings like cpu overclock+ gpu overclock+ standard graphics settings in omega drivers/ all standard/ overclock gpu+ mod graphics settings+ standard cpu settings, and so on, i am just waiting what one of the admin's says about if i can put it somewere on the forum, i am doing quite alot and will revise it once i got it all up, as i have just put the main scores in aqua mark, so i will need to redo those tests.

then when i get the x800xt, i will do some benchmarks exatly the same as i did with the 9600np when i get the x800xt, but it depends weatherd i am snowed down with lots of college work or not :)

20. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

cool, yeah it would be good to hear your results...