Best Mobo Comparison...

Discussion in 'CPU, Motherboards and Memory' started by SirDeity1234, Oct 24, 2015.

1. SirDeity1234

SirDeity1234 Geek Trainee

I read the reviews on Newegg for the Rampage V and it appears the Asus ROG has gone down hill significantly in terms of quality and reliability. So I'm reconsidering my initial MOBO selection. I'm looking at three MOBOs in particular...

Newegg Comparisons

Please take a look and let me know which MOBO you believe is superior for a PC gaming enthusiast build with SLI Titan X. For more information on my latest tentative computer build (still in wishlist phase while I wait for the Samsung 950 Pro to release later this month):

Forum Post - Enthusiast Build

2. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

I've never used ASrock before, and I know some folks really like them, but they've had inconsistent quality in the past. They have come a long way, so I wouldn't avoid them. I have dealt plenty with MSI before and have been very pleased with the Z97 SLI Plus in my own system. Also, if you haven't checked any X99 boards out from Gigabyte, they're another solid brand. Of the three, I would go with MSI. If you're just going with a 2-way SLI the PLX chip on the ASrock isn't going to help. However, if you want to run that and a few high-end RAID cards for a wicked storage configuration, then the ASrock would be a better bet.