bios password

Discussion in 'Mobile Technology' started by acerimmer, Mar 5, 2007.

1. acerimmer

acerimmer Geek Trainee

i have a fujsui seimens pi 1505 laptop secondhand it crashed few weeks ago so i installed the recovery discs but it is asking for a password(bios) is there any way of fixing these problem i have tryed contacting the last owner but no joy and have tryed taking out the battery NEED HELP PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

2. Kastang

Kastang Geek Trainee

When you said "Battery" do you mean the LAPTOP battery or the CMOS battery?

I would guess that you only took the laptop battery out.. what you are going to need to do is unplug your laptop, take out the laptop battery, and then take the bottom off your laptop and take out the CMOS battery. That will reset all settings on your laptop including the BIOS password.

3. acerimmer

acerimmer Geek Trainee

tryed all above will not work

4. Kastang

Kastang Geek Trainee

I dont see how that did not work, on ALL computer, simply taking out the CMOS battery will reset BIOS

5. acerimmer

acerimmer Geek Trainee

will not work on newer laptops but will work on older laptops mine being a fujitsu siemens pi 1505

6. megamaced

megamaced Geek Geek Geek!

No, that is not always the case. Some laptops will not erase the password, no matter how long you keep the battery out. Age is of no importance either, I had an old HP Pentium 1 class laptop that didn't lose the password.

In a situation like yours acerimmer, you will have to contact the manufacturer. They will send you a special code which you enter into the laptop to reset the password

7. acerimmer

acerimmer Geek Trainee

what if i had the bios flashed or changed

8. megamaced

megamaced Geek Geek Geek!

I don't think you will be able to flash the BIOS without knowing the password. And even if it did flash, I'd be very suprised if the password was removed.

Replacing the BIOS/CMOS chip is an option. I've seen various hacks on the internet. However, performing such an operation is risky and needless to say, won't be covered under warranty ;) Replacing the motherboard would be a better route to take

9. acerimmer

acerimmer Geek Trainee

i got the laptop second hand have tried to contact the last owner but no joy where would i get a motherboard for my laptop ,i have been told they are quite had to get hold of....