[blank] game of all time?

Discussion in 'Video Gaming' started by Exfoliate, Mar 31, 2005.

1. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

What would you say the best/most fun game of all time was?

For me I'd say I got the most milage out of Lucas Arts Day of the Tentical. That's a real classic right there, point and click at it's finest. Darn funny too.
    Warcraft 2/3 and "Cosmic Osmo" were also highly influential when I was younger.

The worst?

Aside from numerous shareware games/demos that stunk in a pesonally degrading way, X2: Wolverines Revenge was proably the worst game I ever bought, $30 bucks spend on a really dull romp with Wolverine himself! Boring graphics, like, 5 combat moves, repetitive missions, no saves, cheezy, cleche laden plot ("it's quiet...too quiet"), etc. Not the worst game of all time by any means, just out of the ones I bought.

The wierdest?

"Gubble" and "Jump Zampoli" were extreamly weird. Gubble was essentially a game of tools. You were this purple "thing" in an isometric perspective that used actual tools, hammers, drills, etc. to get though the level. You could only pass once all the screws, nuts, bolds, nails, etc. were delt with, while avioding really strange, spikey robot dudes. Jump Zampoli was a twisted game with two freakish little elf guys that had to use a see-saw like object to bouce each other up and pop gothic looking balloons in the sky. That game really scared me as a kid, the grahical style was just so messed up, wish I still had it.

Hardest?

I spend so many hours playing stupid missions (with only checkpoints) over and over on wolverines revenge. I lost a lot of hair that week. Impossible to beat the damn thing w/o cheats. Starcraft was way beyond me as well, level 6 on the Terrain campaign was enough for me.

Most underrated and overrated?

Jazz Jackrabbit was a really fun game, should have gotten more acclaim. LOTR's The Return of the King was better in my opinon than most people gave it credit for as well. I just loved how there's so much going on at once, really intense.

I like Doom 3 but I don't quite think it deserves all the hype, it's a very pretty game but I still think others like PainKiller and FarCry look better. If it wasn't so much of a performance hog I'd appreciate it more, still fun though.

2. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

since I don't play many games, I really can't say much...

but if I can remember [google]Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee[/google] was quite a weird game, I think it came out on the PS1?

Overrated I would agree with Doom 3 then again its not my kind of game. I can't really think of a underrated game at the moment.

3. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

hardest-breakdown for xbox.

4. Cooper

Cooper Geek Trainee

best- half-life and mods
    worst-some game I played when I was 8 on playstation, so bad I returned it and said it was broken.
    strangest-seaman
    hardest-super ghosts and ghouls.

5. JAY

JAY sCoRpiOn

my hardest game was legacy of kain:soul reaver..
    it was a real headache goin from one realm to the other then again finding yourself where u were..however i managed to finish that game in about a month..lol

6. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Oh, I found FarCry to be pretty freakin' hard too, "easy" sure the heck wasn't easy and who knows what it would be like to play the later levels on hard.

7. JAY

JAY sCoRpiOn

i only played the demo of far cry but yeah it was hell hard...but it has got great graphix no doubt about it...esp the beauteeful sea...

8. WWR

WWR Ultra Geek

Best: At the moment, Metroid Prime Hunters: First Hunt for the DS, that game just rocks.

Worst: Half Life 1 and 2

Weirdest: Postal 2

Hardest: Depends... hardest game I've finished is MGS: The Twin Snakes, believe me, it's REALLY hard playing on Extreme going for the Big Boss rank, did it though.
    Hardest game I haven't finished, I can't actually think of one. :p

Underrated: Fallout Tactics, an amazing game but so many people refused to play it simply because the Fallout universe took a different turn from an RPG game.

Overrated: Half Life 2, 'nuff said.

9. zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG

zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG HWF Guitar Freak

a few simple words to bring back alot of memories

"all your base are belong to us"

but thats not on pc, but i found that game to be hilarious. on pc i guess my fave wud be (this is gonna spark alot of debate) hl2 because i can never get bored of it, or unreal but after a while ur eyes hurt like hell so theres a drawback.

10. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Rock on dude! I love ZeroWing, that was pretty influential for me when I emulated it w/ Gens (one of the few games I was actually able to play on my old "PC"). The ending is different evey time you complete it on a different difficulty level too, though I'm rather fond of the dancing plums. And yes Unreal is an awesome game too.

11. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

Never played zerowing,, what emu do I need and ne ideas where I can get the rom?

12. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Is it okay if I attach the emu and rom here (outlook is being a :swear:) or is that illegal??

13. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

Well its not illegal, but not legal either. I'd send it another way :).

Worst: shit...uh...The Sims 2, can't believe i wasted 40 quid on that.

Hardest: Ninja Gaiden for Xbox. That is a beast to play, master, and complete.

Underrated: SSX3 or Timesplitters 2, both are awesome games but didn't do too well as far as i know

Overrated: doom 3

14. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

Exfoliate its okay I now have zerowing :)

15. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

That's good, I was getting really mad at outlook, how is it?

16. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

hard, but fun. I love old games. Ive been playing that paper boy and ff1 recently

17. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

Best-Morrowind Game Of The Year Edition for xbox

18. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Have you played M. Jacksons Moonwalker yet Nic? It's more fun than it sounds.

19. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

Lol no, is that for the nes or snes or what?

20. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Genesis, it's not as hard to find either.