Broken Hinges and Severe Cracking - Where can I find new Upper Laptop Enclosure??

Discussion in 'Mobile Technology' started by Ashton, Jan 23, 2009.

1. Ashton

Ashton Geek Trainee

My Laptop is an MSI Megabook ex600. 2.4ghz T7700, 2GB DDR2-667, 15.4", 8400M G 256MB.
    I don't know how to fix this, I'm looking for a complete replacement for the top section of the enclosure(housing the lcd screen, webcam, and apparently antenna).
    See for yourself:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Everything works perfectly but this, the warranty is expired, it's 13 months old. I don't want to potentially damage the monitor and it's cables. I must open and close this laptop like 5 times a day, the hinges started to crack, then one day the bottom-left screw gave way and popped out when I was closing it, heaps of plastic broke off the hinge. The cracks are getting bigger, I need to replace this before I damage the laptop.

2. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

In this situation it would be best to call up MSI and find out the cost involved. I think it would be hard to source the laptop case, just did a search on google but it proved fruitless.

3. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

Wow, looks like someone drooped it...Is it just the hinge and plastic over the hinge or more?

4. Ashton

Ashton Geek Trainee

I'll be needing 2 new hinges and the enclosure for the top half, the damage hinge is bent, the LCD in the picture should be parallel to the bottom half, and the other one is about to fail also.

This was only slow wear and tear damage lol!

5. ZeroKool

ZeroKool Geek Trainee

i know its late but use ebay for the plastics, you can get tons of laptop parts off ebay

6. zeus

zeus out of date

Yeah, ebay. When I get a bricked ibook I sell the plastics on ebay.