Browser Colour Randomness

Discussion in 'Web Design & Programming' started by Waffle, Nov 23, 2004.

1. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

Okies, building another site for my friends band - the previous name was copyrighted. And I built it all etc etc.

Now the interesting part. I use firefox, and opening the page up in Fox, it is displayed as it is meant to. (Only Homepage works, I know).

I then open it up in Internet Explorer, and the text in the inline frame is white, as is the background. And I can't work out how to change it so it displays in both. The code is different for both browsers wheh I try and manage the sites. :swt:

Can some of you please try the site in FireFox and IE? You'll see what I mean. (If all displays propely let me know please, then I can rule it down to my PC)

Thanks.

http://www.final-light.tk/

2. Egaladeist

Egaladeist I am the Eg Man

Waffle...I've viewed both sites and the drop-down menu ( news ) is blank on IE...and comes up a solid white...hope that helps! :good: It's not your PC. By the way...I think it looks good so far! Wish I knew more about customizing a web site...cause I like the funky borders! :good:

3. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

It helps, thanks. At least that means that the problem is with the code.

The border is quite simple - two layers, one say blue, the other white. Then use the polygon lasso tool and draw out a design and then delete the selection from the top layer. Add Bevel and Emboss, and then delete random shapes to get the desired effect.

4. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

It looks like a compatibility issue as it works in FF and not IE, I hate using frames so not really too much about them! [google]iframes[/google] on google!

5. Addis

Addis The King

Yea it works in firefox but doesn't in IE. There might be an update for IE for this.

6. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

Alright, thanks. I think I'll just take it off the web, check the site and the upload it again.

7. Egaladeist

Egaladeist I am the Eg Man

Waffle.. I just loaded Netscape 7.2...and thought you might want to know what it looks like on Netscape...like IE it's a white background but the text is there in black ( on IE there's just the white screen n' no text) :good:

8. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

It's ok now, thanks.

Not sure why, but I just uploaded it all again, and it's good.