Budget Gamer

Discussion in 'New Build / Upgrade Advice' started by JoeElShmow, Aug 6, 2006.

1. JoeElShmow

JoeElShmow Geek Trainee

ok now im really pissed Im having a lot of problems first When I tried to install windows a error screen appeared (to long to write) now when I turn it on it says ntldr is missing press ctrl+alt+delete to restart and it just keeps coming up

2. Karanislove

Karanislove It's D Grav80 Of Luv

Boot your computer with the Windows installation CD.
    Choose Repair and go into the Recovery Console.
    Type 'fixmbr'

Edit: Microsoft Support Centre, [link=http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=320397]You receive an "NTLDR is missing" error message when you start your computer[/link]

3. JoeElShmow

JoeElShmow Geek Trainee

I really cant do that when I try to install windows it says loading files then lists files and then says windows shut down because error

4. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Just for the record you're not going to get Tiger installed on a PC you built. Yes it is barely possible but it takes a very specific hardware configuration and a lot of knowhow. It's a good operating system but you'll need a mac to use it, at least if it's a legal, legit, not emulated version.

5. JoeElShmow

JoeElShmow Geek Trainee

Ok yes I am aware I cant get riger on my pc But if you were to actually read what I wrote it says that I have windows and my computer wont install the stupid os

6. Karanislove

How bout Microsoft Support??

7. JoeElShmow

JoeElShmow Geek Trainee

Im not sure yet Im going to call them but if I have to pay for the thing they said I needed on that site you gave me...... Youll find out on the news the next day :D

8. Karanislove

Its OEM website and I think its hard to get better help from any other place than OEM's websites.

Edit: Rum [link=http://memtest86.com]Memory Test V3.2[/link] overnight and see if you come across any error..

9. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Alright, I only posted that as it hadn't really been fully cleared up, I had no way of knowing if there were still people unsure.
    And yes I did read you're post but I was going to suggest MS support as well so there was no reason of repeating someone directly.