Building my own mid/high end gaming system

Discussion in 'New Build / Upgrade Advice' started by sevans210, Jun 2, 2008.

1. sevans210

sevans210 Geek Trainee

Well, I just got invited into this LAN party group, and my father says that I cannot take our computer over to other peoples houses, so I am taking all my stuff out of his and putting it in a new case. I am only 17 so I don't make much only like $350 a week, so I'm trying to be cheap as in price, but not performance. I would like any comments, and anybodys opinions.

Stuff I already have:
    9800 GX2 SSC
    Athlon X2 6400+
    Thermaltake toughpower 850w(May SLI later, so to be on the safe side went high)
    This case, because the 9800 overheats easily

Don't Have:
    RAM- 4gb either Corsair or Knigston HyperX(WHich is reccomended?) ddr2-800 4-4-4-12
    Mobo-(Non-SLI for now because of costs will upgrade later when I SLI or Phenom becomes faster) Here
    Pioneer DVD Burner/reader
    HDD- OS on 36gb raptor(already have), games on WD caviar 400gb

If I missed anything just tell me, thanks for looking this over and helping me edit anything!

2. sevans210

sevans210 Geek Trainee

Any comments, I woul like to know pretty soon as I already have the money and ready to purchase the mobo and memory and dvd drive.

3. sevans210

sevans210 Geek Trainee

Two days...43 views...and not a single response, I'm kind of dissappointed, I thought this was a good forum.

4. jackie11

jackie11 Geek Trainee

Your not being very clear! Whats this LAN party??

Are u just building a new pc??

Jackie x

5. sevans210

sevans210 Geek Trainee

Thank goodness someone has finally responded... A group of kids at my school have parties where they hook up their pc's and have tournaments in games like cod4, css, t2... Yes, I'm building my own, and as you can see I am taking the stuff I already own and putting it together with newer stuff, so I dont have to share it with my dad. I just bought a case, a psu, already had the 9800 gx2 and 6400+, but the rest I need help with. What are good 22" or 24" screens for less than $300, and is mushkin a good brand of ram, because I looked at their products and they look pretty good.

6. jackie11

jackie11 Geek Trainee

With the screen just get the biggest u can afford. Most makes i know are good. Ive got a 19" TFT widescreen samsung- its great!

Ive never heard of that make of RAM, i would just type in in google and read some reviews of their stuff.

Good luck with your pc, im building my own next week - can't wait

Jackie x