Canon BJC3000

Discussion in 'Printers, Scanners and Digital Cameras' started by shoeman64, Jan 11, 2007.

1. shoeman64

shoeman64 Geek Trainee

I have taken this printer out of storage. There is plenty of ink in cart but it will not print in black and other colours are not good. Have done deep cleaning and nozzle check.

2. Karanislove

Karanislove It's D Grav80 Of Luv

Does it work with the test print??
    THere is a link in my signature....Jst go through it and see if that helps..

3. donkey42

donkey42 plank

it won't print if it was in storage for over about 2 weeks, how long was it in storage for ?

but the good news is you only need to replace the print head and possably the ink tanks, try using Isopropyl alcohol on a cotton wool bud (to remove the dried up ink - this may restore it, depending on how long it was in storage

BTW: inkjet printers also dry up if they are not plugged in to the mains

4. shoeman64

shoeman64 Geek Trainee

Thank you. Would printheads be expensive. The printer has not been used for at least six months.Will try to clean as you suggested.
    Ps: tried to sent you private message but unable to.

5. donkey42

donkey42 plank

i think a new printhead is about £35, but try cleaning it with something like this which is basically Isopropel Alcohol, i'll try to find a printhead for you

BTW: it would also be a good idea to replace the ink tanks too, as they have probably dried up

Edit: [ot]to send PM's click Private Messages (top right of any HWF page) or click here[/ot]
    Edit: BTW: it's probably cheaper to replace the printer, and not fix it, now that's what i call land-fill friendly

6. shoeman64

shoeman64 Geek Trainee

Canon BJC 3000

Will not print black. I have cleaned waste ink pads also print heads. Colour is now printing but no black. Changed cart and did a clean and nozel check plus alingment.

7. shoeman64

shoeman64 Geek Trainee

Have cleaned heads and replaced ink cart. Will only print colour not black