Cant find motherboard specs.

Discussion in 'CPU, Motherboards and Memory' started by sciroccosven, Apr 20, 2007.

1. sciroccosven

sciroccosven Geek Trainee

Hello. I cannot find the specs for my motherboard. Its the comp in my sig and the model number is MCP61SM-AM and its whatever came in my acer. I want to upgrade my ram and I want to know what I can use. It currently has 1GB but I want to replace it with 2 1GB sticks of something. I have 4 slots so it would give me the option of buying more at some point if I wanted. I cant find the exact ram that is currently in my computer to buy another gig. (2x512). It currently has ddr2 3200 ram in it but if I can upgrade the speed I might consider it. Thanks in advance if anyone can help track this down or assuredly answer my ram questions.

Dave

2. Willz

Willz MiCrO$oFt $uK$ :D

Whats the model of your computer? The Acer site should have some info on what the motherboard will support.

I googled the model number of that mobo and first result sent me to the Packard Bell site, but no info on what this motherboard supports, I think it may support DDR2 5300 though.

3. daisycutter

daisycutter Geek

hi there,

have you tried running cpu-z, as this would tell you who the manufactuer of the motherboard is, along with with other interestin details.

google cpu-z to download it. hope it helps.

4. sciroccosven

sciroccosven Geek Trainee

I went to acers site but it just doesnt quite make me feel confident. They list that I can run 800 ddr2 but since it doesnt list my motherboard on their website I am a little hesitent to believe them.

I will have to try cpu-z. Maybe that will shed some light.

5. Willz

Willz MiCrO$oFt $uK$ :D

PC6400 is 800Mhz DDR2, so if it says your computer can use this ram, then it should be able to.

6. Southwind

Southwind Geek Trainee

It sounds like you have an Acer Aspire T180. This could be good news or bad news for you. Typically with store bought computers they come with OEM boards, so you will not find Specs. However after extensive research, I've come to think that Foxconn makes the motherboard in the particular model you are talking about. From the specs you've given it looks like we own the same computer. At first I thought the motherboard manufacturer was ECS but couldn't really find anything. But here's a website with a Foxconn motherboard that looks and runs the same as the one in the Aspire T180 model. I believe this is what is in it.

Hope it helps.

Foxconn - Products: Motherboard

7. zeus

zeus out of date