Can't Print :(

Discussion in 'Printers, Scanners and Digital Cameras' started by BlackDragon048, Jan 26, 2009.

1. BlackDragon048

BlackDragon048 Geek Trainee

Hi, Here's the deal. I have a Dell E1505, about 2 years old. Once upon a time, long long ago, I was able to print. I am not sure what has changed since then. I have moved and reformatted although there is no direct action that seems to have caused the inability to print.

I also have two other computers, a Dell desktop and another Dell Laptop. I should also mention my printer is a Dell Inkjet AIO 924 (yes, I like Dell). All my computers are running Windows XP. Onto the problem.... I can't print.

I have installed the drivers from so many different sources it isn't even funny. I have tried network printing and having it connected via USB. When connected on a network, it finds the printer ("it" being the little printer wizard) but when I go to any printing program it shows the printer but won't let me select it. When connected directly through a USB it installs the drivers, adds the printer, goes through the process of printing, puts it in the printer queue and sits in pending. That is it. Not to mention, everytime I install the printer drivers, it acts like I have never installed them before. And after they are installed, I can not find and remove them through add and remove programs.

I have tried everything I can think of and now looking to you for new ideas. I have reinstalled drivers, rebooted, reformatted, everything (well hopefully not everything). Also, neither my desktop nor my other laptop have any printing problems. They work wonderfully. As of right now, I just put what I want to print into my shared network folders and print it off from another computer. If anyone has any ideas, I am happy to hear them.

I am pretty good with computers so I know generally what I am doing but it this case, if I haven't mentioned it on here, assume I have not done it. Any and all suggestions, no matter how far fetched are greatly appreciated. Thank you again for sticking through this novel of a problem. :)

2. Smartsync

Smartsync Geek Trainee

Printers can be so tricky sometimes lol, first of all you won't find drivers installed in add/remove programs to find out if your device has a driver installed: it will be under Device manager>"your printer here"> properties. Have you managed to locate the driver directly from dell? (always try manufacturers website first) if you can see that it does have a driver installed and it says the device is working properly, then go through the basics - try different USB ports, different USB cables check printer for ink and paper jams etc. You'd be surprised how often the simplest of things can lead you to believe the problem is alot bigger then it actually is.

3. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

First make sure ALL other printer drivers are deleted,you need to start fresh...Also run a Reg cleaner, before attempting to start a fresh install..

4. isayso316

isayso316 Geek Trainee

DO NOT EVER delete a printer driver under your printers folder. Use a print driver deleter. You will leave open ports and registry keys and cause yourself other problems later on. Kyocera has a great utility for this. Download Kyocera Deleter After you run that, install the driver from the manufacturer's website.