Case LED's

Discussion in 'Cases, Modding and Gallery' started by SexiMexi9018, Dec 15, 2006.

1. SexiMexi9018

SexiMexi9018 Geek Trainee

I just bought a new case (PowerUp AK-18 ATX Mid-Tower Case with Front USB and Audio Ports TC3J-4503 at TigerDirect.com) and when i got it all pluged in and everything my LED's in the front did not work, i pluged everything that they gave me in (Power Sw, Reset Sw, HLED, PLED + and -) and there was also a Power cord that looked like it would plug into on of the Powersupply cords if that makes any since (the Four Pronged holes) but there was also another thing comming off of this, it was the exact same thing as the Power Supply Cord, so it had no where to plug in, I really don't know if that made any since but this is the best that i can explaine it so if you don't understand please tell me and i will try to go deeper in, but if anyone has this case or knows the problem please tell me. thanks.

2. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Unlike power switches, LED's have a specific direction they have to be plugged in. Switches simply complete a circuit, and as long as that's accomplished, the switch doesn't care which way it's plugged in.

Basically, just switch your LED leads position 180* and you should be good to go.

3. SexiMexi9018

Well there is one Problem, My Line only Plugs into the Power Supply Line One Way, and it still wont Light Up, I tried plugging it into all the different pluging comming from my powersupply and they never lit up, Would i have to Enable them from the Bios or something, and are the Case LED's Normally the Large Power Supply Connections and not little ones that plug into the places where the Power Switch and HLED and PLED plug into? because i have an Empty space for something called an SLED and i don't know what that is.

4. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Okay, if you're talking about the two strips on the front of your case, make sure that the pins in the power connector are all straight when you plug it in. If not, you can wiggle the wire connected to it to get it straight. It's tricky, but it can be done.

5. SexiMexi9018

I did all this, and still nothing, im starting to think that there has to be something else i have to do, I tried every connector in my computer and still nothing.

6. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

There wouldn't happen to be a switch for those front strips by chance?

7. SexiMexi9018

no, i don't think so, i have no idea where it would be if there was one, the only thing that i could think of (and i know its not it) but there is a small button above the reset button on my case, but it does not push in. I really don't know why they would not work, the only other thing i could think of is the connection to the actual LED inside the case could be bad or something, or there is a small wire that has been tucked away so i never saw it and never pluged it in, but i have looked everywhere inside the case. so if there are anymore ideas i would love to here them but im starting to give up, its a brand new case and already something might be broken lol

8. SexiMexi9018

i feel really stupid saying this but there was a switch, but to be fair, it was hidden out of sight, it was in the same place as the USB ports in the front, but it was in the top right hand corner so i could not see it whenever i looked down. but yea, they work now, so everything is good.

9. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Awesome. Don't feel bad. There's still stuff that I overlook, despite all the experience I've gained.