Change...

Discussion in 'Linux, BSD and Other OS's' started by ProcalX, Nov 13, 2004.

1. ProcalX

ProcalX all grown up

I'm gonna jump in the deep end and try gentoo :good:

I've got an old machine i've been given a Pentium 233mhz 64mb sdram, and an ati 2mb graphics card, stuck a 6gb hard drive in it, gonna build myself a replacement server for the windows one i am running at the moment.

Had alook at gentoo earlier this morning, it's nice and incredibly more accessible for editing and personalisation / optimisation than SuSe..

Will update as i go through..

Oh and good news, i finish working at my current company on 19th December, however although i do love the people and the work, i will not continue after xmas although given the oppurtunity..

I've been given the oppurtunity to work for a guy i play rugby with who used to work for Sun Microsystems, and earnt his money in the dot com boom, he's independant now and is a contracted IT Admin / Linux Expert / Programmer for tones of companies around norfolk / the east of UK.

So i'm gonna go back to college to finish my course off with some seriously good work experience behind me :D

2. Anti-Trend

Anti-Trend Nonconformist Geek

Are you planning on using Gentoo for a server?

3. ProcalX

ProcalX all grown up

Sorry post wasn't clear :good: I'm using gentoo on desktop but going to put SuSe on server.. eithe SuSe or slackware or BSD..

4. Anti-Trend

Anti-Trend Nonconformist Geek

Ahh, I see! Good choices :good: I thought it a little strange that you'd put Gentoo on a server...

5. Egaladeist

Egaladeist I am the Eg Man

Congratulations ProcalX on your new position and I hope it serves you well! :good: