Check out this Case

Discussion in 'Cases, Modding and Gallery' started by Swansen, Sep 8, 2007.

1. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

2. RHochstenbach

RHochstenbach Administrator

Looks nice. But screwless cases are best used with SATA drives or mobos with 2 or more IDE controllers, because harddisks need to be put in a seperate bay on the bottom of the case. So you can't use 1 IDE cable to connect the harddisk and a dvd drive.

3. donkey42

donkey42 plank

very expensive, but it does have the air flow right, you could make a case like it for much less
    that's why both my DVDs are on my secondary IDE & also my HDDs are together on the primary & are set to cable select[ot]so i can move a HDD from master to slave without moving the jumper, so, the jumpers don't die[/ot]

4. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Additionally, ATA standards only allow access of one device at a time on each channel, so while you can do 2 devices on one channel with IDE, it hurts performance. Additionally, the people more likely to do this won't be dropping $200 on a case. Secondly, SATA is pushing PATA/IDE out the door, and the sharing of devices is moot at that point, given that there's only one device per channel.

5. donkey42

donkey42 plank

really, years ago i heard that connecting a fast & a slow device (HDD & a ROM drive) slowed down the faster device, but i thought that was fixed with the introduction of ATA33, but, it does make logical sense, i'd have thought ATA66 would have completely removed the problem, cos, each IDE device has 40 separate connectors, don't they ?