Command & Conquer Generals

Discussion in 'Video Gaming' started by Sniper, Feb 12, 2003.

1. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

any one played this, its the best game I've played this year! what do you think?

2. syngod

syngod Moderator

This was the game I was waiting for, unfortunatley I picked it up last night and on hard have already beat the game with the US and China.

Haven't tried online yet but at least so far I'm really disappointed with the single player game.

3. Sniper

true syngod, but I'm not as good as you on these types of games! so had to use a trainner to complete it my self, lol!
    :D

4. phr4gmonk3y

phr4gmonk3y Geek Trainee

I got the deviance rip from a friend, but the data was corrupted, so it wouldn't fully load. :(. Oh well...

5. harrack52

harrack52 Supreme Geek

Syngod: If you're looking into a real challenging strategy game, take a look at Caesar III.

It's more like Sim City but at some point during the game you can control your army. And there are a LOT of things to do to please your citizens.

Maybe you already know this game, I know it is quite old, but it's very challenging, to me that is.

Then again I never completed Warcraft II :p , don't laugh !

I know someone who was really good at Sim City 2000 and that has a hard time getting past the early levels of the game.

6. syngod

syngod Moderator

I was just disappointed because the games AI just seemed weak compared to previous C&C titles. Would have been nice to have something that on the hardest setting would have been even half as hard as the Covert Ops expansion for the original C&C.

I have Caesar III around somewhere, but I'm back to my XBox at least until Doom 3 hits.

7. Sniper

syngod, not ever one is, as good as you :)

I like strategy games, so I'll look out for Caesar III, I used to like AOE but got bored of it! need something with a unique selling point! any suggestions?

8. harrack52

harrack52 Supreme Geek

Well Caesar III is pretty unique, there are LOTS of things to do in this game to make the perfect city.
    I didn't like AOE at all, there's too much strategy for me :p
    As I said, I can't even finish Warcraft II !
    I'm also stuck somewhere in "Dark Cloud" on the ps2, even though it looks like this game was made for 10 year olds !

9. syngod

syngod Moderator

Hehe I'm not that great, online I have my ass handed to me most of the time in all the C&C games except Renegade and C&C Gold :), and I still haven't beat Covert Ops.

I have no problem with the ai holding back on you in easy or even medium but where my issue with generals was, quite a few times I found myself attacking a squad of troops and not having them fight back and also a couple of times I was able to take out parts of the enemies base without anything even being sent to try and stop me.

If they are able to fix this with a patch (might have already haven't checked for patches since release), then it'll be a great game in single player. I've tried a couple games in MP mode and it's great, just need to weed out those few nagging weaknesses though in SP.