compatibility help please, new mb

Discussion in 'CPU, Motherboards and Memory' started by nubishdubish, Feb 19, 2010.

1. nubishdubish

nubishdubish Geek Trainee

hi, i am planning on upgrading my mainboard because my current board doesnt support a core2 quad, which i already have bought and received...

i am looking at :Newegg.com - ASUS P5N-D LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 750i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

the cpu i have is : Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 Yorkfield 2.83GHz 12MB L2 Cache LGA 775 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor - Processors - Desktops

i am putting these into a coolermaster HAF 932 RC-932-KKN1-GP.

if you could please tell me if the 45nm core2 quad would be compatible with the mainboard i listed , i would really appreciate it thanks.

2. edijs

edijs Programmer

3. nubishdubish

yeah but it does not say whether it supports a Q9550 with 45nm tech..

why assume im dumb? i can do that too it just doesnt tell me what i want to know.

4. nubishdubish

hey im sorry if i sound edgy but being new and finding 5 different stories for a single componenet is rough, but i have no excuse.

a reviewer in newegg claims that the board does not support 45nm quad cores, and also that SLi was not supported.

the board in question is a nForce 750i form Asus... just want to confirm that there are updates to support Both the 45 nm C2Q and SLi, i really dont want a board i thought was the best for me to find out it wont work at all.

5. Storm2313

Storm2313 Geek Trainee

Newegg reviewers are seldom the best at finding quality components.