Computer Turns On And Off Again Repeatedly

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by SophiaL, Oct 8, 2016.

1. SophiaL

SophiaL Geek Trainee

Okay. My computer has been a bit wonky since i had to replace the mother board and the graphics card. I dont have specific specs right now but the mother board is an asus and the graphics card is a geforce gtx.

If its asleep for too long it wont start back up properly (no signal to the monitor and fans run like crazy)

Not sure if thats related to the main issue here, but it may be. I was skyping with a friend and had a drawing program open when all of a sudden my pc shut down and then turned back on. My brother said it might have been a memory overflow (?), so i decided to just give my computer a break and shut it down properly once it was booted up. ringtonesfree.info

Fast forward to now, i booted up my computer and everything was fine, except my mouse and keyboard didnt work. Both have LEDs, which were on, but neither one was responding. With no other way to restart my computer, I turned it off my pressing the power button, which is where the turning on, shutting off problem began.

Im not exactly a wizard at computers, but if anybody has suggestions or questions ill do my best to comply. Thank you so much in advance, ive spent enough on this thing enough
    message ringtone: https://ringtonesfree.info/messages-sms

Last edited: Apr 3, 2024
  2. Wicked Mystic

Wicked Mystic Big Geek

Computer manuacturer or model (if OEM) or computer parts (if prebuilt)?