Conspiracy Theory: 9/11

Discussion in 'The War Zone' started by Nic, Jan 6, 2006.

1. zeus

zeus out of date

I dont know much about how American government works but I think the army is funded by what the president can get from congress. Or just the senators? Either way it would be difficult for an army to be a puppet master to the president.

The 9/11 conspiracy theory is just plain stupid. It hasnt benefited anyone directly. The arms companies must be making a killing though!

2. DaRuSsIaMaN

DaRuSsIaMaN Geek Comrade

Bush doesn't get controlled by the army generals, because the army generals actually had much better ideas about the Iraq war than the Bush administration does. It's actually quite the opposite: the fact that the bush administration didn't listen to the military that was the problem. Generals (most of them, anyway) told the administration that much larger numbers of troops would be needed than what the administration thought. There were concerns about after-invasion insurgencies. It was people in the administration like the secretary of defense, donald rumsfeld, and deputy secretary of defense paul wolfovitz, and perhaps chaney, who mostly pushed the argument that Iraq would be a quick and painless little war, kind of like the first Gulf War.

EDIT: Yes, zeus, you're on the right track. The House of Representatives (lower house of congress) writes up a budget for every year, allocating $$ for various things, including spending on military. The senate can then vote to approve it or not (according to US constitution, the senate cannot originate any expenditure bills, only the House). The president comes into play because he usually proposes the budget, outlining what he wants to use it for (in this case, to blow billions of dollars on the Iraq war).

3. DaRuSsIaMaN

DaRuSsIaMaN Geek Comrade

Well the thing that is the most troubling to me here is the collapse of the buildings. Everyone who dismisses all the conspiracy theories immediately, just spare me 2 minutes of your time. I think this is much more interesting than the stuff about the hole in the pentagon or the pennsylvania crash site.

There's this question, for example: why did World Trade Center 7 collapse? It didn't even get hit by a plane. Look at some of those videos linked by that David C person on the first page of this thread. Particularly this one. And skip to about 20:00. It's not long, watch it for only like 1-2 minutes. You can see what look like inner explosions inside the building traveling upwards before it comes down. And then the building comes down with a visible depression in the roofline. So it shows the traits of a controlled demolition. Also look at about 19:00 in the video, which briefly explains the concept of taking out the central core of a building when doing a demolition. And how it compares to the WTC 7 collapse.

There is similar and much more detailed analysis of the 2 WTC towers themselves in the other video he linked, and it's more interesting to watch also.

This stuff poses much stronger concern, in my opinion, than the stuff about the hole in the pentagon and the pennsylvania site.

4. cube_

cube_ Mega Geek

I've watched the first video and must say...CRAZY lol. That is actually very suspicious. It really does seem like an explosion on the top side of the 7th tower. And Rudy new planes were gonna hit! :x: This is where the question arises: "WTF IS GOING ON?"
    Basically, whats the truth?
    I think if the truth cracks down in the future when were old and have grandchildren... ill be remembering days like today when people like us try and understand what really happened.

5. Pimp

Pimp Captain of USS Defiant

When people see things slightly unusual because maybe the camera was at an odd angle or simply its some kind of un explained phenomenon, people straight away jump to conclusions take that and turn into into some random theory. Prime example is the 9/11 plane that hit pentagon everyone was like "omg there something going on because the plane is big but yet the hole is small." another example, when princess Diana died. everyone jumped to conclusion because of two things 1) the driver was drunk and 2) her seat belt didn't work and she always wears a seat belt. so people straightaway say that she was murdered by the queen and her husband lol wtf. Firstly loads of drivers make mistakes and drink while driving its not new secondly seat belts get jammed on occasions it has happened to all of us. but one point is that she probably would have survived if she put her seat belt on. i think it was a tragedy not a murder executed by our clever almighty Queen and Charles. who really both have no power at all shes just a symbol.