cooling

Discussion in 'CPU, Motherboards and Memory' started by MercyFlush, Jun 6, 2008.

1. MercyFlush

MercyFlush Geek Trainee

ok im going to be making some money this summer and im going to upgrade some of my computer parts a bit, definetly the sound card, definetly the cpu cooler, and maybe the actual cpu. for the cpu cooler, what would you reccommend? a thermal electric cooler or high end air cooler? i currently have liquid cooling, and its a pain to have to perform some sort of maintenance on it every 6 months or year, and its not a great cooler in the first place. please let me know what you think. and also, what is the best intel cpu available for about $250?

2. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

This will depend on you case,Does this thing run hot ? If your case supports some fans, then use at least 2 of them.. I never had any problem with mine.

3. MercyFlush

MercyFlush Geek Trainee

i have the antec 900 case

4. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

Doesn't that case come with fans already ? It looks like it has 3 or 4 fans,,,
    That should be more than enough..I always use two, One on the back, and one on the side...

5. MercyFlush

MercyFlush Geek Trainee

yeah it has plenty of fans but i need to know what kind of cooling for the cpu would be the best choice