Creating your own keyboard stickers for shortcuts

Discussion in 'Cases, Modding and Gallery' started by Dwarfer, Apr 18, 2007.

1. Dwarfer

Dwarfer Guest

Hi, you've all seen them "behind the scenes" films where you always see the editing PC system with the keys all colour cordinated, well can you buy them? are they stickers coz I wanna get some so i know what shortcut keys do what:

like this: http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/aug05/images/protools3keyboardstickers.l.jpg

i would like them to be colour cordinated if possible

Thanks very much

2. donkey42

donkey42 plank

just pop each key off with small flat blade screw driver and repaint each key you want to change[ot]the keyboard keys just snap back in with a click[/ot]BTW: your probably better using an acrylic of oil based paint[ot]don't forget to repaint the keys function (Q)[/ot]

3. Dwarfer

Dwarfer Guest

hmm good idea didnt think of that but i was thinking of having the shortcut icon on them, not just colours :)

ive seen these sticker labels you can print on, but they're $20 bit pricey for a few bits of sticky things

4. donkey42

donkey42 plank

what about printing out what you want[ot]and stick them to the keys[/ot]BTW: put a layer of superglue on the key first and let it dry before attaching the paper, also use sticky tape to attach the paper (this will keep the paper clean)[ot]superglue is water soluble so anything you put on the keys can be scrubbed off[/ot]use warm water & a scrubbing brush to remove stuff from the keys, and apply a new layer of superglue[ot]so whatever you attach to a key can be removed[/ot]or you could use sticky tape instead of superglue but sticky tape usually makes the sides of the keys shiney

5. Dwarfer

Dwarfer Guest

ill let u see the outcome tomorrow :D

6. donkey42

donkey42 plank

have you thought of actually creating the images in you fav grfx editing program and printing them out

7. Dwarfer

Dwarfer Guest

hmm easier ill post the photo on here tomorrow for u to see

cheers for helpings :)

8. donkey42

donkey42 plank

np, what kind or pic do you want on the keys ?[ot]cos i'll try making some images in GIMP, if you like[/ot]

9. Dwarfer

Dwarfer Guest

pic

Attached Files:

10. donkey42

donkey42 plank

wait . . . i think you could make a cardboard template with holes cut out to allow you to stick pics on th cardboard above the actual F key[ot]there were some you could buy, but i haven't seen any in years, i'll try searching for some[/ot]