cyberspace addiction boot camp

Discussion in 'News and Article Comments' started by Swansen, Nov 19, 2007.

1. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

NY Times Advertisement

Yep, you read the title right, thats a boot camp for people (mostly kids) who are addicted to the web and anything related. The kids go through military like drills, and attend classes to learn to make pottery. On a side note, i laughed at first and there is a picture featured on the article with a group of kids listen to instructions and one such is dazing off while the instructor is speaking, which was even more funny. After reading on, it kinda hits home a little more as it talks about people skipping school and work to stay up for days playing a game, which is when you realize how wide spread it actually is.

2. Addis

Addis The King

It saddens me to see teenagers and sometimes even younger than teens, spending countless hours on social networking websites. I won't say I don't use them, but I know that apart from the occasional browse and photo viewing, there isn't much point in spending more time on them.

I still use computers very heavily, but most of the time I'm reading, learning something new or working. Occasionally I'll start playing a good game, and won't do much else but that usually finishes in less than a week.

3. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

yeah, i probably spend to much time on a computer and around the net, but generally i am looking something up. That said, i'm not addicted, if i had to for some reason stop using a computer and the internet, i'd be ok, granted, i communicate with a lot of people through the internet.