Dance n Trance..

Discussion in 'Concert Hall' started by Waffle, Apr 8, 2006.

1. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

:p

Whilst my usual 25 top most played tracks are metal and rock, I've taken a liking for the rave/dance/trance side of the music industry.

Got a couple Compilation Albums but nothing special..the only stuff I really like was found on Counter-Strike frag videos (lol).

Trying to extend my collection of great dance songs..currently the style I'm into is Styles and Breeze stuff, but also like various songs from various artists..mainly those from the aforementioned css videos, so any suggestions on classic tracks?

2. pelvis_3

pelvis_3 HWF Member For Life

I'm more into the Psy-Trance/Techno side of things.
    I'd recommend anything from Paul Oakenfeld and maybe even some GOA stuff.

3. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

darude - sandstorm is the most popular song around here
    not too bad, but annoying after hearing it so much

i like benny benassi stuff, the best stuff ever though is played at raves

4. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

Aye Sandstorm is great, and Oakenfields stuff sounds pretty relaxing.

Piece of Heaven by Akira is quality, if you've come across it. And anything by prodigy is sweet to listen to.

Too true, gotta love raves :D

5. ninja fetus

akira, yes! great moments with that song. one of the reasons i like dance/trance/techno all that stuff have incredible recording quality

[ot]can't get much more into this tonight, my data hard drive was just stabbed by windows during a resize! =o[/ot]

6. Anti-Trend

Anti-Trend Nonconformist Geek

I like that one that goes boom boom boom boom *dukka dukka dukka* boom boom boom boom *dukka dukka wheeeee* boom boom boom boom...

Oh wait, that's just my washing machine.

7. Willz

Willz MiCrO$oFt $uK$ :D

omg that made me laugh lol :D

i hate dance music becouse certian people in my country, known as chavs and asbo's listin to it, but i am taking a liking to dance n trance music and stuff like that.

8. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

There's a European Trance series called Tunnel Trance Force, despite the dorky name and hefty price what I've heard was really great, there's a TON of albums out there but the one I have is Vol. 19 which I got by chance from a friend.

9. Willz

Willz MiCrO$oFt $uK$ :D

is it just called tunnel trance force Vol. 19?

i bet there german or swedish.

10. megamaced

megamaced Geek Geek Geek!

Hehe, I know what you mean.

I really liked some of the bands that came out of the electroclash scene a few years ago:

Fischerspooner, Ladytron, Felix Da Housecat, Miss Kitten & The Hacker....

11. ninja fetus

haha washing machine you say?

12. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

Haha I went out with friends tonight and went to a bar / club that played the WORST music I've heard, and I did just go boom boom boom boom *dukka dukka dukka* boom boom boom boom *dukka dukka wheeeee* boom boom boom boom... the whole time. Oh and £10 to get in plus £4 per drink made it a bloody expensive night :x:
    Only just got back in and I've got crappy dance music in my head, I've got nothing against it, some can be cool when played at the right time but this was incessant (sp?) boooooom all the time, rather irritating.

Haha I have lots of Chavs around my area, if they get annoying I just open the windows, whack my rather loud stereo system up to as far as I can handle it without blowing my head apart and blast some Sabbath or BLS out there, they soon realise I mean business and they leave.

13. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Sorry I should clarify, it's not a group but a bunch of compilations form different groups. Nothing I can remember, that had lyrics, was in anything but english so I don't think it was German/swedish.
    You can get it off amazon but it's not cheap. The first few songs aren't too good but there's two cd's with like 20 on each so there's plenty of good stuff.

------
    :D, nice one ninja, that site proves there's a page about everything on the internet.