Daredevil

Discussion in 'TV, Movies, Anime and Manga' started by Big B, Mar 9, 2003.

1. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

I saw this a few weeks ago, and did not like it. It seemed like they crammed too much into one movie and didn't have the best actors for all the roles. Michael Clarke Duncan is a fine actor, but he's way to jovial for the role of Kingpin. I think Ben Affleck is a good actor as well, but he played DD as almost too grim to be the hero---enough that he could've made DD the villain if it weren't for Colin Farrell's excellent character as Bullseye. Most of the action sequences sucked, including the final battle. Really, the only enjoyable one was the first one with Matt Murdock and Elektra when Matt is trying to get her name.

X-Men and Spider-Man were alot better. DD should make Stan Lee cry. Hopefully the Hulk and X2 will do a better job.

2. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

I thought it was quite cool! ok the action wasn't that good, but some parts were quite good! though I still didnt really like the story.

3. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

I was a comic book geek before, though I didn't read DD. I did know about some of the stuff in regards to some of the major characters. A few of them you really wouldn't have known who they were unless you knew the comic book and/or the actor/actress since I didn't really hear their names during the film. They had some of the best stuff early on and then sucked it up at the end.

4. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

I've seen dome DD comics but not read them, so I cant say how they were shown on screen was the same? or different? over all I would give it 6/10.

5. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

I figured they'd change the costumes of some people, but they didn't even say the names of some. I think even people who read the comic would have trouble ID'ing some of the people. It had a lot of potential, but failed---though not as bad as Batman and Robin.